Market share


K10D

Link Posted 16/04/2011 - 14:43
Figures from Bloomberg from IDC, 2009 and 2010 market share for camera manufacturers.




Best regards

johnriley

Link Posted 16/04/2011 - 14:46
This is presumably all digital cameras. Do they have a breakdown for DSLRs and compacts?
Best regards, John

K10D

Link Posted 16/04/2011 - 14:54
This was the only info I saw. No breakdown. I would tend to think that it's all digital sales.

Best regards

johnriley

Link Posted 16/04/2011 - 14:59
It must be. Samsung would be virtually zero for DSLR sales, Nikon possibly just edging above Canon and Sony some way behind them. I would expect Pentax to be on 6-7% and Olympus maybe 3-4%.

Actually when we think about it there are not that many DSLR manufacturers these days, and no really tiny players at all.
Best regards, John

Myari

Link Posted 20/04/2011 - 09:43
the link to original

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-15/sony-nikon-narrow-gap-to-canon-with-new...

"In the market for cameras with interchangeable lens, or single lens reflex cameras, Canon controlled 44.5 percent of the market, followed by Nikon with 29.8 percent and Sony with 11.9 percent, according to the data."

So for interchangeable lens cameras (includes mirrorless), Canon, Nikon, and Sony combined have 86.2% market share. That leaves 13.8% for M4/3 (Pana & Oly), Pentax, and anyone else who makes such cameras (leica with M9/8, Ricoh, Fuji, etc).
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.