Malta (2)

Sry

Link Posted 01/05/2020 - 15:45
Hello all, hopefully you are all well and, like me, putting 'idle' time (for those who have such) to good photographic use (and I see most of you have). I've been sifting through unprocessed photos - here is another set from a week in Malta last summer. A bit of fresh air (although it was pretty much blazing hot) for me in this time of limited movement. A good way to get outside, so to speak... Hope you enjoy.

thingsthatihaveseen

Link Posted 02/05/2020 - 13:21
Very beautiful set... light, airy, loads of space... a real atmosphere here... clear compositional and processing choices too... strong graphic nature throughout, with bold lines... the middle part of the set partic catches my eye... 5,6,7... 9,12,14 too... love the intricate, interwoven patterns of 6, with the shadow patterns merging with those from the real world... and the stark cross patterns of 7... also the foreground context that you give the sunlit city on the hill in 9... a sort of "promised land" feel... lovely...

Best
Bill

BillWardPhotography
Instagram
Facebook

Sry

Link Posted 03/05/2020 - 16:37
Thank you for your thoughts, Bill, they are much appreciated. The light was strong, carving out the graphic lines for me to pick up on. I was also lucky to get some stormy skies overhead (didn't profit much from them photographically though, as they delivered on their promise of heavy downpours). Regarding space and airiness, I'm a bit surprised they show up as much as they do - I felt quite cramped and stifled during our sojourn (it's a small island with a lot of people on it, especially in tourist season) - I suppose I may have been looking for them unconsciously, and breathing, so to speak, through the camera.

LennyBloke

Link Posted 03/05/2020 - 18:12
Your processing style once again really suits this set and coupled with the variety of subjects and compositions it's all comes together so well. Good vision and deviation from classic compositions (7, 8,13 &,15 in particular) changes the impact from a succession of similar images and keeps the viewer engaged.

My only criticism is some of these deserve to be seen much larger - but that's true of many of the superb images on the forum.
LennyBloke

Jonathan-Mac

Link Posted 04/05/2020 - 11:14
A very nice series indeed - all of them work very well as B&W.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3 & K200D, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses

Sry

Link Posted 04/05/2020 - 21:57
Thank you both, Johnathan and Lenny.

pschlute

Link Posted 04/05/2020 - 23:04
2 and 5 for me please.
Peter

My Flickr page

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 05/05/2020 - 12:41
Nice! On my list of places to go after Covid crap is a goner!

5,6, 11 and 14 for me. I find the simpler compositions work better.
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Sry

Link Posted 05/05/2020 - 23:14
Thanks Peter, Gareth. Hope you'll get the chance to go Gareth. Stay out of tourist season if you can though...

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 07/05/2020 - 15:25
Sry wrote:
Thanks Peter, Gareth. Hope you'll get the chance to go Gareth. Stay out of tourist season if you can though...

Cheers Peter. I work in a school so can only go on holidays when they increase the price somewhat and all the tourists congregate
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px

Nigelk

Link Posted 07/05/2020 - 16:26
I've only just stumbled upon this post. What I nearly missed!
Not only is your choice of Black and white bang on for your subject matter you can also see a good photographic eye at work in these. Very good set, very much enjoyed.
Nigel

Sry

Link Posted 08/05/2020 - 16:57
Nigelk wrote:
What I nearly missed!(...)

Many thanks, Nigel.

cardiffgareth wrote:

Cheers Peter.

Do you mean Serge by any chance?

cardiffgareth wrote:
I work in a school so can only go on holidays when they increase the price somewhat and all the tourists congregate

I feel your pain. My wife is a teacher and my own main source of income is through guitar lessons so we go by the school calendar too...
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.