Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Mainly Pentax Fire sale - to fund a Sky HD Box!

jeallen01
Posted 13/01/2013 - 20:49 Link
Having experimented long and fruitlessly to modify an existing HD Box to take a 2TB disk, I finally ordered another box yesterday - this prompted me to take a look at the photo cupboard and see if there would be any (financial!) interest in the following items I no longer need:
(BTW - all my lens are always used with UV or clear filters on the front, so there are no marks on the front elements!)

All prices are OVNO, and plus RM Special Delivery if the value warrants it - or pick up in W.London (Hayes) or Farnborough (Hampshire)
PS: These pics are a bit dark - happened when I got Elements to do a batch conversion, and I haven't had time to redo them today. If anyone wants better versions of particular ones then let me know and I will provide the same!

Samsung GX10 (i.e. the K-10D by another name!)in excellent condition (works properly and no exterior marks), 18-55mm kit lens & hood,strap, original + 2 extra (Ross and unbranded) good batteries(all good) + charger. Has not been used since I got the K-5 2yrs ago.

The body has no marks on it and has a screen protector (from new) plus a velcro fit collapsible sunshade (Oh, how I wish I could get one of these for the K-5 and K-R but they don't seem to make them any more!). All boxes, and the manual, and I will throw in a small Lidl backpack (not shown) which will take the camera, lens and more for an extra £10! £120 for £130 with the backpack,
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Pentax MZ-5N Film Body - excellent condition except for one very small scuff mark on the RHS of the pentaprism, with strap. This was bought for my marriage & honeymoon in 2000, with the Sigma 28-200 lens (see below), so no standard lens or zoom but I have shown it with a somewhat scruffy manual Pentax SMC-M 50mm F1.7 (with UV and hood) that I will throw in - or else do a deal if someone wants this body with either the 24-70 Sigma, the 28-200 Sigma or the 28-80 Pentax lens shown below. The MZ-5N served me very well but has not been used since I bought the GX-10 some 5 yrs ago and went fully digital.
Original (somewhat tatty!) manual supplied, but no case so I will throw in a camera holster with strap if someone wants that too. £30[/b]
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Pentax Databack FG - bought about 7yrs ago to go with the MZ-5ZN but never (IIRC) actually used, so effectively brand new, and with box and instructions! £20
Comment Image

Comment Image

Pentax AA Battery Grip FG - bought for use with the MZ-5N. Had a reasonable amount of use but in good condition, with box £15
Comment Image

Comment Image

SMC Pentax FA 28-80mm. F3.5-F5.6 - PK-A fit, fully Auto with A position on aperture ring. Bought s/h from Jessops a few years ago, but, again, not much used. Unmarked body and clean (no dust or fungus) optics, with F & R caps as shown £30
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Sigma 28-70mm F3.5-F4.5 "Zoom ἐ" PK-A fit, fully Auto with A position on aperture ring. Absolute pristine with clean exterior and clean (no dust or fungus) optics. F & R caps as shown. Bought from a dealer in 2011 as a general purpose lens but since replaced on my K-5 or K-R by the 18-135mm Pentax. £35
Comment Image

Comment Image

Sigma 28-200mm F3.5-F5.6 DL Aspherical IF "Hyperzoom Macro". PK-A fit, fully Auto with A position on aperture ring. As mentioned above, bought with the MZ-5N and used quite lot until the arrival of the GX-10 (but not since as I then bought a Sigma 70-200 F2.. Clean exterior but a few very minor scratches and chips on the paintwork. Clean optics (no dust or fungus)and with original bayonet-fit hood, and with F & R caps as shown. Jessops 72mm UV 1A filter thrown in! £60
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm F2.8-F3.5 Zoom Macro.[/u] PK-fit "Auto Variable Focusing", but it is actually a old-style manual lens that does not autofocus, and the aperture blades are operated by the old-style slide-pin in the camera body - so they will only work properly on an older pentax body (i.e. not the GX-10 or the MZ-5N). Looks in VGC both externally and internally and comes with F&R caps AND the box! £25 (have seen them on the US eBay for around £40ish)
link
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Panagor 300mm F5.6 Mirror lens[/u] - M42 mount, so an M42 to PK adaptor is required. Clean optics, and with F&R caps as shown. Very compact design but not a great lens, although someone can probably find a use for it! £25
Comment Image
Comment Image

Now a few Non-Pentax bits!
[u]Minolta 110 Zoom SLR Mark II
- the later and better one as it is actually a "proper" SLR for the 110 film size with aperture control and shutter-speed readout in the viewfinder - which has a split image rangefinder (those were the days!). With dedicated Minolta Auto 118X flash, 40.5mm UV and hood and strap. New batteries just fitted, so it should work (it seems to!).

It also comes with four 24-exposure cassettes of Fujicolor colour negative film (IIRC 200ASA) so you can actually try this one out (if you can find someone to process the film for you). The film is out-of-date (of course!) but has been kept in the bottom of my fridge since I bought it, so it should not be too bad!

This is potentially a collector's item and they are on eBay for around £60, but £30 here!

Canon Accessory lens for the Canon-compacts with provision for attaching auxillary wide angle and telephone lenses

Canon Canon WC-DC52D Wide Angle Conversion lens for Canon compacts taking the 52mm conversion mount - and this one is supplied with that mount included! Clean outside and clean optics, F&R caps, pullstring lens pouch and box Caps. Bought for use on my A85 compact, but that's not used now, £35
Comment Image

Comment Image

Canon Canon WC-DC58 Wide Angle Conversion lens for Canon compacts taking the 58mm conversion mount"
The bigger brother of the WC-DC52, same condition, with F&R caps and box, but no lens pouch.[u] £40

NB: I still use the Canon A720IS that I bought this for, so the price is pretty much that number!
Comment Image
Comment Image

I trust that I haven't bored you with this lot!

Happy New Year.

John

PS: also posting these sales on eBay in the near future - but prices are going to be higher to cover the costs!
Quote this post
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
ronniemac
Posted 13/01/2013 - 22:22 Link
PM sent re Pentax AA Battery Grip FG
Terry1100
Posted 13/01/2013 - 22:55 Link
PM Sent Re: Panagor Mirror Lens
Terry
London, England
K-30, Optio Z10, Optio S5i, LS465, Nikon P7100
Posted 14/01/2013 - 12:42 Link
PM sent (Samsung GX10)

Regards

Mauro
jeallen01
Posted 14/01/2013 - 20:15 Link
Terry1100 wrote:
PM Sent Re: Panagor Mirror Lens

Sold to Terry - subject to him picking it up on Saturday.
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
jeallen01
Posted 14/01/2013 - 20:41 Link
MZ-5N sold to Jonathan - subject to receipt of payment.

MZ-5N Battery grip sold to ronnie-mac - subject to receipt of payment.

Panagor mirror lens sold to Terry - subject to payment and collection on Saturday.

2 people in Italy (my, the forum is read widely!) have expressed interest in the GX-10.

Roll up! Roll up" - All the rest of the items still on the market!

BTW - the Sky HD box arrived today, having only been ordered on Saturday!
jeallen01
Posted 14/01/2013 - 21:53 Link
BTW2 - Just used exiftool on one of the last shots taken with the GX-10 => just under 4500 (NOT 45000) and so is pretty low.

John
jeallen01
Posted 18/01/2013 - 15:33 Link
Bump!!

MZ-5N and Battery Grip, as well as the Panagor Mirror lens are sold - but all the rest are still available!!

John

jeallen01 wrote:
Having experimented long and fruitlessly to modify an existing HD Box to take a 2TB disk, I finally ordered another box yesterday - this prompted me to take a look at the photo cupboard and see if there would be any (financial!) interest in the following items I no longer need:
(BTW - all my lens are always used with UV or clear filters on the front, so there are no marks on the front elements!)

All prices are OVNO, and plus RM Special Delivery if the value warrants it - or pick up in W.London (Hayes) or Farnborough (Hampshire)
PS: These pics are a bit dark - happened when I got Elements to do a batch conversion, and I haven't had time to redo them today. If anyone wants better versions of particular ones then let me know and I will provide the same!

Samsung GX10 (i.e. the K-10D by another name!)in excellent condition (works properly and no exterior marks), 18-55mm kit lens & hood,strap, original + 2 extra (Ross and unbranded) good batteries(all good) + charger. Has not been used since I got the K-5 2yrs ago.

The body has no marks on it and has a screen protector (from new) plus a velcro fit collapsible sunshade (Oh, how I wish I could get one of these for the K-5 and K-R but they don't seem to make them any more!). All boxes, and the manual, and I will throw in a small Lidl backpack (not shown) which will take the camera, lens and more for an extra £10! £120 for £130 with the backpack,
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Pentax Databack FG - bought about 7yrs ago to go with the MZ-5ZN but never (IIRC) actually used, so effectively brand new, and with box and instructions! £20
Comment Image

Comment Image

SMC Pentax FA 28-80mm. F3.5-F5.6 - PK-A fit, fully Auto with A position on aperture ring. Bought s/h from Jessops a few years ago, but, again, not much used. Unmarked body and clean (no dust or fungus) optics, with F & R caps as shown £30
Comment Image

Comment Image

Comment Image

Sigma 28-70mm F3.5-F4.5 "Zoom ἐ" PK-A fit, fully Auto with A position on aperture ring. Absolute pristine with clean exterior and clean (no dust or fungus) optics. F & R caps as shown. Bought from a dealer in 2011 as a general purpose lens but since replaced on my K-5 or K-R by the 18-135mm Pentax. £35
Comment Image

Comment Image

Sigma 28-200mm F3.5-F5.6 DL Aspherical IF "Hyperzoom Macro". PK-A fit, fully Auto with A position on aperture ring. As mentioned above, bought with the MZ-5N and used quite lot until the arrival of the GX-10 (but not since as I then bought a Sigma 70-200 F2.. Clean exterior but a few very minor scratches and chips on the paintwork. Clean optics (no dust or fungus)and with original bayonet-fit hood, and with F & R caps as shown. Jessops 72mm UV 1A filter thrown in! £60
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Vivitar Series 1 28-90mm F2.8-F3.5 Zoom Macro.[/u] PK-fit "Auto Variable Focusing", but it is actually a old-style manual lens that does not autofocus, and the aperture blades are operated by the old-style slide-pin in the camera body - so they will only work properly on an older pentax body (i.e. not the GX-10 or the MZ-5N). Looks in VGC both externally and internally and comes with F&R caps AND the box! £25 (have seen them on the US eBay for around £40ish)
link
Comment Image
Comment Image
Comment Image

Now a few Non-Pentax bits!
Minolta 110 Zoom SLR Mark II - the later and better one as it is actually a "proper" SLR for the 110 film size with aperture control and shutter-speed readout in the viewfinder - which has a split image rangefinder (those were the days!). With dedicated Minolta Auto 118X flash, 40.5mm UV and hood and strap. New batteries just fitted, so it should work (it seems to!).

It also comes with four 24-exposure cassettes of Fujicolor colour negative film (IIRC 200ASA) so you can actually try this one out (if you can find someone to process the film for you). The film is out-of-date (of course!) but has been kept in the bottom of my fridge since I bought it, so it should not be too bad!

This is potentially a collector's item and they are on eBay for around £60, but £30 here!

Canon Accessory lens for the Canon-compacts with provision for attaching auxillary wide angle and telephone lenses [/b]

Canon Canon WC-DC52D Wide Angle Conversion lens for Canon compacts taking the 52mm conversion mount - and this one is supplied with that mount included! Clean outside and clean optics, F&R caps, pullstring lens pouch and box Caps. Bought for use on my A85 compact, but that's not used now, £35
Comment Image

Comment Image

Canon Canon WC-DC58 Wide Angle Conversion lens for Canon compacts taking the 58mm conversion mount"
The bigger brother of the WC-DC52, same condition, with F&R caps and box, but no lens pouch.[u] £40

NB: I still use the Canon A720IS that I bought this for, so the price is pretty much that number!
Comment Image
Comment Image

I trust that I haven't bored you with this lot!

Happy New Year.

John

PS: also posting these sales on eBay in the near future - but prices are going to be higher to cover the costs!
Quote this post

Edited by jeallen01: 18/01/2013 - 15:34
jeallen01
Posted 18/01/2013 - 15:36 Link
Was trying to Bump the above post, but all I mamaged to do was edit out the MZ-5N/Battery Grip and Panagor lens - all of which have been sold, and so the rest of the items are still available!

John
Terry1100
Posted 19/01/2013 - 10:58 Link
A pleasure meeting you this morning John. It's a good job the snow didn't present much of a problem in getting to you.

T2 mount now on order
Terry
London, England
K-30, Optio Z10, Optio S5i, LS465, Nikon P7100
jeallen01
Posted 19/01/2013 - 11:04 Link
Terry1100 wrote:
A pleasure meeting you this morning John. It's a good job the snow didn't present much of a problem in getting to you.

T2 mount now on order

The pleasure was mutual - hope you enjoy the Panagor
ronniemac
Posted 23/01/2013 - 09:58 Link
Just a brief note to say the Battery Grip arrived this morning, and very nice it is too. Whatever it saves on expensive batteries will be spent of film! Thanks for selling it to me.
jeallen01
Posted 23/01/2013 - 10:31 Link
ronniemac wrote:
Just a brief note to say the Battery Grip arrived this morning, and very nice it is too. Whatever it saves on expensive batteries will be spent of film! Thanks for selling it to me.

OTOH, with the battery grip you can shoot faster and thus burn more film quicker (I did!)
Jal87
Posted 23/01/2013 - 10:45 Link
How much only the backpack?
I am the hobbyist.
Flickr
Porst Reflex Auto 55mm f1.2, Pentax DA XS 40mm f2.8, Pentax M 50mm f1.7, Pentax DA 18-55mm ED WR, Pentax DA 50-200mm ED WR, Pentax M 80-200mm f4.5
Edited by Jal87: 23/01/2013 - 10:47
jeallen01
Posted 23/01/2013 - 10:57 Link
Jal87 wrote:
How much only the backpack?

Had not thought anyone would be directly interested in that alone, but say £14 + P&P.

The postage will be the critical cost because it is relatively large compared with the rest of the items for sale (albeit very light). I will measure and weigh it when I get home, and then get a cost for 2nd Class parcel post as that will be cheapest if that is OK with you.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.