Magazine
Posted 20/08/2013 - 18:57
Link
Amateur Photographer once in a while and their web site.
I briefly subscribed to something called Pentax User and then the silly sods closed it!
I briefly subscribed to something called Pentax User and then the silly sods closed it!
Posted 20/08/2013 - 19:10
Link
stigg wrote:
...personally I like Digital SLR as its very good for the beginner and intermediate.
I agree Brian, so I subscribe to that one and find it very helpful and interesting....personally I like Digital SLR as its very good for the beginner and intermediate.
Philip
Posted 20/08/2013 - 21:14
Link
Stuey wrote:
I have an Amateur Photographer subscription but also read others
Ditto
I have an Amateur Photographer subscription but also read others
K-3 II, K-3 and a K-70 from SRS (having now relegated the K-30 /"K-50" to a backup body), & some Sigma and Pentax lenses (and a lot of old 35mm gear!)
Posted 20/08/2013 - 21:22
Link
BJP, which varies from fascinating some months to barely worth me opening on others. But it's more about the art of photography rather than technique, which I find refreshing.
I also occasionally read Black and White Photography and Outdoor Photographer. AP only on rare occasions. Other monthlies not at all...they get terribly repetitive.
I also occasionally read Black and White Photography and Outdoor Photographer. AP only on rare occasions. Other monthlies not at all...they get terribly repetitive.
Posted 20/08/2013 - 21:40
Link
No! I'm always in constant need of reminder that in autumn I should try some shots of fallen leaves - in Spring why not get out and shoot some newly budding crocuses - in winter I should dust off that camera bag and get close-up to that giant slug in my garden - and in all seasons there's a wealth of photogenic spots in the amazingly wide range of national parks throughout the UK. Oh, and I should really keep myself dry and cosy in a brand new David Storm.... no sorry, its Peter Storm, weatherproof top.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 20/08/2013 - 22:15
Link
Light painting .... ah yes - I always felt I wasn't a serious photographer until I'd spent a night out in a graveyard using long exposures ('set b on your camera mode dial - this stands for bulb mode and allows .....') waving a torch around and capturing the gravestones using a range of different coloured lighting gels which I should affix to the torch .... The variety of effects I could capture will truly open up the creative side of my photography .....
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 20/08/2013 - 23:05
Link
I used to read Pentax User with interest, alas no longer
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Posted 20/08/2013 - 23:08
Link
Used to buy lots but after a while they get a bit samey. Only the adverts are really original as the new kit comes along.
I tried Pentax User for a bit but now the only regular photography 'magazine' I read is the MPP Users newsletter. I find books are better value, especially from charity shops.
I tried Pentax User for a bit but now the only regular photography 'magazine' I read is the MPP Users newsletter. I find books are better value, especially from charity shops.
Bob
Posted 20/08/2013 - 23:33
Link
McGregNi wrote:
No! I'm always in constant need of reminder that in autumn I should try some shots of fallen leaves - in Spring why not get out and shoot some newly budding crocuses - in winter I should dust off that camera bag and get close-up to that giant slug in my garden - and in all seasons there's a wealth of photogenic spots in the amazingly wide range of national parks throughout the UK. Oh, and I should really keep myself dry and cosy in a brand new David Storm.... no sorry, its Peter Storm, weatherproof top.
I have subscribed to Digital Camera for a few years and agree with the above. Time for a change. One pet hate, having a subscription, one misses out on the variety of offers available (Camera bags, monopods etc) that are available to new subscribers! Pentax gets a mention in about 1 in 3 issues...
No! I'm always in constant need of reminder that in autumn I should try some shots of fallen leaves - in Spring why not get out and shoot some newly budding crocuses - in winter I should dust off that camera bag and get close-up to that giant slug in my garden - and in all seasons there's a wealth of photogenic spots in the amazingly wide range of national parks throughout the UK. Oh, and I should really keep myself dry and cosy in a brand new David Storm.... no sorry, its Peter Storm, weatherproof top.
Regards
David
Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:
David
Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


201 posts
14 years
Brian
And come him slow or come him fast it is but death who comes at last.