Madeira Street

mille19
Posted 21/08/2015 - 10:56 Link
My attempt at street photography on a recent trip to Madeira.
Taken with my Pentax Q7 and fisheye lens, shooting from the hip.

1.
Comment Image


2.
Comment Image


3.
Comment Image


4.
Comment Image


5.
Comment Image


6.
Comment Image


7.
Comment Image


8.
Comment Image


9.
Comment Image


10.
Comment Image
Posted 21/08/2015 - 13:07 Link
Im a fan of this setup myself for street. Some nice shots there
Learn how to live and you'll know how to die; learn how to die, and you'll know how to live.

Check out ones photographs on Flickr!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/awprentice/
Aero
Posted 21/08/2015 - 13:13 Link
The fisheye effect is strangely engaging, to me at least. It gives far more context to the main subjects than the standard "street" focal lengths. They're all perfectly exposed, well framed and sharp, as you'd probably expect with a fisheye. Well done. May just book a trip to Madeia.
jemx99
Posted 21/08/2015 - 15:52 Link
Great shots of an interesting place! I recently brought a Samyang 8mm and love it - especially useful for holidays, the Q plus fisheye looks great for travel. The touble with my fisheye is though, I like it that much I never take it off!
Edited by jemx99: 21/08/2015 - 15:53
jvs
Posted 21/08/2015 - 18:14 Link
Don't normally go for fisheye, but these are lovely! The fisheye effect seems to concentrate the attention on the main subject perfectly, along with interesting subjects and lovely colours.
John
wvbarnes
Posted 21/08/2015 - 19:05 Link
Great fun, I did some of the same in Funchal in April having borrowed my sons 10 - 17 DA.What a wonderful place. I decided to buy a 12 - 24 F4 DA though as I only want so much of the distorted effect but do like the ultra wide angle at times.
davidstorm
Posted 21/08/2015 - 19:48 Link
Very nice indeed, I like the effect the fisheye gives, it adds context to the scenes by including the surroundings.

Regards
David
Flickr

Nicola's Apartments, Kassiopi, Corfu

Some cameras, some lenses, some bits 'n' bobs

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo