M42 Bellows
Posted 01/02/2015 - 08:51
Link
They are screw M42 thread. Will they fit a DSLR without an extension tube?
--
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 01/02/2015 - 09:15
Link
Algernon wrote:
They are screw M42 thread. Will they fit a DSLR without an extension tube?
--
Just don't know yet. I bought the M42 K adapter so will give it a try when I get a bit of free time.They are screw M42 thread. Will they fit a DSLR without an extension tube?
--
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 01/02/2015 - 10:31
Link
There should be old posts on here about them. I seem to remember a tube being needed to clear the flash/pentaprism overhang.
Gregmoll (member here) posted some stuff about the K bellows such as this.....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregmoll/sets/72157622121204478/
--
Gregmoll (member here) posted some stuff about the K bellows such as this.....
https://www.flickr.com/photos/gregmoll/sets/72157622121204478/
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Posted 01/02/2015 - 15:52
Link
K10D wrote:
Best regards
Be careful; if you manage to get it on the camera, you might never get it off. I have the M42 bellows unit and the flash housing on the camera is in the way.
Algernon wrote:
They are screw M42 thread. Will they fit a DSLR without an extension tube?
--
Just don't know yet. I bought the M42 K adapter so will give it a try when I get a bit of free time.They are screw M42 thread. Will they fit a DSLR without an extension tube?
--
Best regards
Pentax K10D + Vivitar 55/2.8 macro + Super Takumar 55/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 85/1.8 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 135/3.5 + SuperMultiCoated Takumar 200/4 + Super Takumar 300/4
Pentax K100D + DA18-55ALII + DA55-300
Pentax K5 + FA31Ltd + M50/1.7 + DFA100WR + M120/2.8 (+ DA18-55WR at occasion)
Pentax K100D + DA18-55ALII + DA55-300
Pentax K5 + FA31Ltd + M50/1.7 + DFA100WR + M120/2.8 (+ DA18-55WR at occasion)
Posted 01/02/2015 - 16:48
Link
I have these bellows as far as I can make out (albeit without the rulers). You do need an extension set to clear the flash housing. I have used M42 tubes straight off the K-M42 adapter
PS - I have the slide copier attachment - unfortunately it is made for 35mm FULL-FRAME!! I haven't managed to use it brilliantly well with the 1.5x crop
PS - I have the slide copier attachment - unfortunately it is made for 35mm FULL-FRAME!! I haven't managed to use it brilliantly well with the 1.5x crop
Andy
Posted 01/02/2015 - 17:40
Link
It's unlikely that you will be able to do slide copying with a tube on the camera, Look at Gregs K setup the bellows need to be almost fully closed. You also need a 60-70mm lens.
It is possible to do very high definition slide copies by by taking several small crops and merging them in pano software.
Copying slides is a lot easier with a tube based setup rather than bellows, There's a good article on one of the other forums about it.
For illumination I just use one of these bulbs. Daylight is better, but the cast caused by using warmer bulbs is easily removed.
--
It is possible to do very high definition slide copies by by taking several small crops and merging them in pano software.
Copying slides is a lot easier with a tube based setup rather than bellows, There's a good article on one of the other forums about it.
For illumination I just use one of these bulbs. Daylight is better, but the cast caused by using warmer bulbs is easily removed.
--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff
Algi
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6417 posts
17 years
I recently noticed Pentax bellows for sale.
The scales are for 50 and 55mm lenses for normal and reverse. All new, unused ans boxed!
I need to find an original slide copier for this set now.
Best regards