LX...at last

pschlute

Link Posted 08/03/2017 - 00:33
I was brought up using an MX, but had never even handled the pro camera flagship that was the LX. So I bought one on a well known auction site and it arrived today. It is a stunning bit of kit. All working fine except the "sticky mirror" syndrome means it takes a few shots before it gets into its stride.

I will just have to run some film through it.

Peter

My Flickr page
Last Edited by pschlute on 08/03/2017 - 00:34

pschlute

Link Posted 08/03/2017 - 00:53
One with the prism removed

Peter

My Flickr page

stu62

Link Posted 08/03/2017 - 12:42
It depends how much you use the old girl as welli would think the more you use her the better the shutter should get

pauljay

Link Posted 18/03/2017 - 11:50
Looks in beautiful condition! I made a point of buying mine from Japan as the Japanese seem to display more TLC for their equipment. I did the same with my 645.
Paul.

Photography is not a sport. It has no rules. Everything must be dared and tried! (Bill Brandt)
jaypix
yankee44
PPG

theonenadeem

Link Posted 18/03/2017 - 12:55
pauljay wrote:
Looks in beautiful condition! I made a point of buying mine from Japan as the Japanese seem to display more TLC for their equipment. I did the same with my 645.

Paul. ......i have also looked into buying from Japan , but was uncertain about taxes. . Did you have to pay additional charges ?

Regards

pauljay

Link Posted 18/03/2017 - 17:42
Unfortunately I did get clobbered by the tax man, the first time in many, many years. The 645 I got away with! I want to acquire an Asahiflex but as the maximum amount that can be imported to the Netherlands seems to have reduced considerably I'm a little apprehensive! Perhaps I could buy one from the UK before it breaks away!
Paul.

Photography is not a sport. It has no rules. Everything must be dared and tried! (Bill Brandt)
jaypix
yankee44
PPG
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.