K5iiS trip to Wales

AndrewH

Link Posted 04/06/2017 - 21:07
On a reunion trip to Wales the K5iiS and I encountered some typical Welsh weather for May! I have never before needed to rely on the weather resistance aspects of camera or lens - this time I had no choice! The camera was undaunted and functioned perfectly and having been dried out shows no ill effects for its experience. I took this photo on a mossy stump - I recalled similar Pentax marketing shots for many of their DSLRs - it was somewhat damp!

flickr

HarisF1

Link Posted 04/06/2017 - 22:51
Isn't it just the best feeling? I went to Chester zoo once with my K-3 and 50-135 when the heavens opened. Everyone else took shelter but I happily walked around in the rain.

It allows you to capture a different kind of scene without using all too much protective gear.

AndrewH

Link Posted 05/06/2017 - 09:03
HarisF1 wrote:
Isn't it just the best feeling? I went to Chester zoo once with my K-3 and 50-135 when the heavens opened. Everyone else took shelter but I happily walked around in the rain.

It allows you to capture a different kind of scene without using all too much protective gear.

Most satisfying indeed, and friends amazed whilst they didn't dare expose theirs to the elements! The self-image shot at the end of the lake into driving rain was the real test!
flickr

reso

Link Posted 05/06/2017 - 11:16
have to agree took my k5iis and a 50-135 out yesterday on a rally in the rain and can away with some very nice sharp shoots thank you pentax for the water profneess
k5iis tamron 17-50 2.8 pentax f smc 28-80 pentax da* 50-135 pentax da 55-300 tokina atx 80-200 2.8
kenko pz af 1.5 dg converter sigma 600 mirror and a af 500ftz flash
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.