Lunar eclipse

Classvino
Posted 21/02/2008 - 00:23 Link
OK - the show doesn't start for another hour - I got my time zones mixed up.

Iceblinker - for the full moon, I get the best results at 1/320 (that's at f8 and ISO400). I expect I'll have to slow down and/or increase sensitivity as the eclipse occurs...
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror
MX veteran
Posted 21/02/2008 - 02:06 Link
For full or part moon I use ISO 200 and the shutter speed can be quite fast, on a full moon as high as 500th, but I use mirror lock up which makes a BIG difference even with high shutter speeds. Don't worry if it looks a little under exposed, you can correct after. I am stuck with f8 on my Tamron 500mm mirror.
K100D Super, 18-55, 50-200, Sigma 10-20, Sigma 70mm macro and lots of old lenses
iceblinker
Posted 21/02/2008 - 02:14 Link
Thanks for the replies. I'm off to see what I can see shortly.

Unfortuantely it's misty with patchy clouds where I am. And the moon is in an awkward direction for me now.
~Pete
iceblinker
Posted 21/02/2008 - 02:51 Link
I saw the Moon being eclipsed - but it's too cloudy to justify getting the tripod out
~Pete
Darkmunk
Posted 21/02/2008 - 21:00 Link
went out at 9pm to test the equipment - 6 hours before the event and it clouded over after three shots so I took this and coloured it in!....look I was bored Ok?

Comment Image
iceblinker
Posted 22/02/2008 - 01:00 Link
Naughty but nice!
alfpics
Posted 23/02/2008 - 12:28 Link
Quote:
I took this and coloured it in!....
Ha Ha - very good!
Andy
Classvino
Posted 23/02/2008 - 19:33 Link
Quote:
...I took this and coloured it in!....
Looks better than any of my photos - between light pollution and poor (if not completely lost) focusing skills on my 500mm mirror, none of mine were worth setting up for...
--------------
MZ-6,K10D,K20D,Grip,DA*Zooms,DA 18-55-200 Kit,FA50,1.7TC,AFZ360
For Saleentax FA28-90,FA100-300,Sigma EX28-80,DC18-200,
Makinon 500mm Mirror

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo