LR/Enfuse An Interesting Plugin

Fletcher8

Link Posted 28/05/2014 - 07:45
Just thought i would post this as I had not heard of it and thought people might be interested?

http://www.photographers-toolbox.com/products/lrenfuse.php

LR/Enfuse is a Lightroom plugin that allows you to blend multiple exposures together directly from within Lightroom by using the open source Enfuse application.

With LR/Enfuse you can:

Blend images of different exposures together in order to create a natural looking image with a greater dynamic range.
Blend a series of images where the focus point is difference in order to create an image with a greater depth of field - this is a common approach when creating a macro image.
Blend a series of images for night photography image stacking in order to create an image with a longer exposure than is possible with a single frame.
Fletcher8.

andrewk

Link Posted 28/05/2014 - 08:55
You might be interested in this ongoing PU thread. It is about an attempt to create an image of a stained glass window, initially using LR/Enfuse.

I would be interested in folks experiences with the product, especially where they were able to produce natural looking HDR images or using it for focus stacking.

Andrew
Flickr photostream
Last Edited by andrewk on 28/05/2014 - 09:08

Fletcher8

Link Posted 28/05/2014 - 09:01
Thanks Andrew, I will have a read.
Fletcher8.

aliengrove

Link Posted 28/05/2014 - 10:16
I use Enfuse sometimes, it's an excellent program and quite simple to use. Not tried focus stacking, but it's now my default program for HDR. It's a donationware product, so you can pay as little as you want for the program, I thought it was a real bargain at the 3 Euros I paid...This image would wold not be possible without using hdr, due to the huge dynamic range from bright sky to shadows inside the aircraft.

Flurble

My Website
PPG
flickr
G+
Facebook
Last Edited by aliengrove on 28/05/2014 - 10:18
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.