Lotherton Bird Garden

snappychappy
Posted 29/04/2011 - 17:06 Link
Went to the above. It's a great place for a few hours on a nice sunny day. Not a massive place, and forget the deer park, unless you own the Bigma. The bird garden contains some beautiful specimens though. A lot are in cages and the wire presents some difficulty when shooting. I took the Sigma 70-200 F2.8 out, and used manual focus a lot of the time.

Shot through the wire.
Comment Image


This was shot in the large walk through avery.
Comment Image


Another through the wire.
[img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5147/5662230556_de92ae9a82_z.jpg[/img
]

This really was a stunning bird.
Comment Image


A very elegant stork, or crane?
Comment Image


Really is quite a sharp lens at around F4 the sigma.
Edited by snappychappy: 29/04/2011 - 17:08
snappychappy
Posted 29/04/2011 - 17:10 Link
Don't know why the third isn't showing, her's the link.
Comment Image
snappychappy
Posted 29/04/2011 - 17:11 Link
Oh and here's a duck too.

Comment Image
Stuey
Posted 29/04/2011 - 19:24 Link
Number 4 and the duck are my favourites

Number 4 almost feels like it needs some water in front of the bird
K10D, K5 plus plenty of clueless enthusiasm.

My Flickr site link
fatspider
Posted 29/04/2011 - 19:51 Link
I think you've done well with throwing the cages out of focus Stephen, these are quite nice although the whites looks to be a bit blown, not easy with white plumage, personally I think the K5 has problems with whites and retaining detail, I had situations where I've really had to underexpose to get the whites right, that Egret in the tree image for instance is spot on apart from the bird, getting him right would really underexpose the rest.

I'm seriously thinking of doing some like for like comparison shots with the K5 V K10D, if I find the K5 to be way off then it might be having a holiday
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link
Oggy
Posted 29/04/2011 - 21:43 Link
SnappyChap - I think this is your missing photo.

Comment Image


Very good - seemed a shame to lose it.
Algernon
Posted 30/04/2011 - 08:54 Link
Nice shots, wouldn't have realized they were taken through mesh.
The colours of the last bird (posted by Oggy) are like an
artists palette
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
snappychappy
Posted 30/04/2011 - 17:35 Link
Thank,s for that Oggy.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo