Looking up with the D-FA 15-30
Posted 26/11/2017 - 12:51
Link
swarf wrote:
That looks like Woking!
It is indeed. I see that you are a local too.That looks like Woking!
Woking has many advantages, but will never win "pretty town of the year" award. Best photographed looking straight up like these !
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 26/11/2017 - 18:58
Link
pschlute wrote:
Woking has many advantages, but will never win "pretty town of the year" award. Best photographed looking straight up like these !
I couldn't possibly comment!!!Woking has many advantages, but will never win "pretty town of the year" award. Best photographed looking straight up like these !
Phil
K-5iiS; K-r; ME Super; ME; DA* 16-50 f2.8; DA 18-135 WR; DA 55-300 WR; HD DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited; FA 50mm f1.4; A50mm f1.7; DAL 18-55mm; M40mm f2.8; + assorted non-Pentax lenses
My Flikr Page link
My Flikr Page link
Posted 26/11/2017 - 19:57
Link
Looking good Peter.
Happy shooting
Happy shooting
I know what i like, If not always why.
Posted 26/11/2017 - 20:04
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Looks good.
Still torn over whether to buy one or not .... I feel I need one but I don't do much wide photography.
The above images show the potential of the 15-30mm.Looks good.
Still torn over whether to buy one or not .... I feel I need one but I don't do much wide photography.
I've been using a FF 14-24mm since 2009 and it has proved invaluable when the subject matter required the use of such a wide FOV. I did several indoor shoots for customers to produce brochures for holiday homes and rental properties. Although I have a Pentax FF 15mm, the FF Pentax digital body was still in the planning stages and on APS-C it's crippled. At the time, I did not have a 10-20mm Sigma.
The FOV offered basically made the job easy and the results were excellent. I've not used it much for landscape photography and it's a beast, weight wise. That said, I would not be without it, especially when the need arises.
Once the initial euphoria of it's output wears off, you need a reason to keep using it such as landscape or architecture.
It's the only reason I won't be buying the Pentax 15-30mm.
Best regards
Too far from a shore.
Posted 26/11/2017 - 20:09
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Looks good.
Still torn over whether to buy one or not .... I feel I need one but I don't do much wide photography.
And to add to the above post, maybe it's best to look for a compact wide angle prime like the A or FA 20mm f/2.8. Either that or something a bit more extreme like the Irix 15mm f/2.4 (I've had one and it's a stunner if you get a good copy).
Looks good.
Still torn over whether to buy one or not .... I feel I need one but I don't do much wide photography.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 26/11/2017 - 20:39
Link
Mike-P wrote:
And to add to the above post, maybe it's best to look for a compact wide angle prime like the A or FA 20mm f/2.8.
I sold my FA 20mm just before buying the K-1 but I still have a FA 20-35mm, Sigma 12-24mm, Tamron 17-35mm as well as a Adaptall 2 Tamron 17mm 3.5.And to add to the above post, maybe it's best to look for a compact wide angle prime like the A or FA 20mm f/2.8.
Hmm, maybe I just taklked myself out of buying the 15-30mm and into that D500 I was thinking about.
Posted 26/11/2017 - 21:21 - Helpful Comment
Link
The 15-30mm should come with a financial health warning: pretty soon you think a polariser and maybe some ND filters would be nice so you splurge on the Lee Filters SW150 system. Then you realise all this won’t fit into the bag you bought last year so you start looking at a new one - is this familiar to anyone?
Posted 26/11/2017 - 21:24
Link
RobL wrote:
The 15-30mm should come with a financial health warning: pretty soon you think a polariser and maybe some ND filters would be nice so you splurge on the Lee Filters SW150 system. Then you realise all this won’t fit into the bag you bought last year so you start looking at a new one - is this familiar to anyone?
Every time I think I can afford the new fancy lens. The 70-200 meant I needed a new carrying system so I just got rid of it!The 15-30mm should come with a financial health warning: pretty soon you think a polariser and maybe some ND filters would be nice so you splurge on the Lee Filters SW150 system. Then you realise all this won’t fit into the bag you bought last year so you start looking at a new one - is this familiar to anyone?
I use primes anyway
All the gear with no idea
Posted 26/11/2017 - 22:57
Link
RobL wrote:
The 15-30mm should come with a financial health warning: pretty soon you think a polariser and maybe some ND filters would be nice so you splurge on the Lee Filters SW150 system. Then you realise all this won’t fit into the bag you bought last year so you start looking at a new one - is this familiar to anyone?
Couldn’t possibly comment The 15-30mm should come with a financial health warning: pretty soon you think a polariser and maybe some ND filters would be nice so you splurge on the Lee Filters SW150 system. Then you realise all this won’t fit into the bag you bought last year so you start looking at a new one - is this familiar to anyone?
For those debating, SRS are doing it at £450 off. (Almost enough for a Lee 150 kit !!! )
Yes it is a big and heavy beast and so is the DFA 24-70. But what I have found since getting the K1 a year ago is that I take the tripod out with me much more than I ever did before and I feel it is helping to improve my photography. I take a lot more time now than I did before.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 27/11/2017 - 17:48
Link
Time to use a tripod ... a very valuable thing Peter! We should all follow this advice more, especially for static scenes where it will help to get the most out of our equipment. Great colour in the sky here (considering no filter? ...)
The blue saturation has bled onto the buildings in No1 it seems (I mean the grey/ silver parts).... I'd try masking off the buildings before applying any added saturation, or even reducing the blue channel on the buildings only ... I think this will look better.
The blue saturation has bled onto the buildings in No1 it seems (I mean the grey/ silver parts).... I'd try masking off the buildings before applying any added saturation, or even reducing the blue channel on the buildings only ... I think this will look better.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver
Posted 27/11/2017 - 19:48
Link
I will have a look at that Nigel. I did boost the blue saturation during raw conversion, then applied a "higher contrast" curve in Photoshop.
Peter
My Flickr page
My Flickr page
Posted 30/11/2017 - 04:55
Link
McGregNi wrote:
Time to use a tripod ... a very valuable thing Peter! We should all follow this advice more, especially for static scenes where it will help to get the most out of our equipment. Great colour in the sky here (considering no filter? ...)
The blue saturation has bled onto the buildings in No1 it seems (I mean the grey/ silver parts).... I'd try masking off the buildings before applying any added saturation, or even reducing the blue channel on the buildings only ... I think this will look better.
Tripods are one of the most underestimated things in photography, I've lost count of the amount of piccies I've taken that would have been improved if only I'd bothered to use mine!
Time to use a tripod ... a very valuable thing Peter! We should all follow this advice more, especially for static scenes where it will help to get the most out of our equipment. Great colour in the sky here (considering no filter? ...)
The blue saturation has bled onto the buildings in No1 it seems (I mean the grey/ silver parts).... I'd try masking off the buildings before applying any added saturation, or even reducing the blue channel on the buildings only ... I think this will look better.
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


5158 posts
20 years
Surrey
My Flickr page