Looking for a new perspective in London
Posted 25/07/2011 - 21:09
Link
Go out looking for silhouettes or shadows, makes a nice change.
K5, LTD 15 SIG 30, SIG 105.
Posted 25/07/2011 - 21:25
Link
You could try coming up with some discrete projects... I have in mind to do a little project on cemeteries in London, and maybe something on Wren churches. I also like to wander around and see what catches my eye (especially early in the morning when there are few folk about). The results of one such walk last week are in this thread I posted a few days ago...
link
I agree there is so much to see it is difficult to know where to start. A friend of mine often takes a walk from X to Y (say, Oxford Circus to Buckingham Palace) and tries to capture the walk in ten pictures...
Food for thought?
Regards
link
I agree there is so much to see it is difficult to know where to start. A friend of mine often takes a walk from X to Y (say, Oxford Circus to Buckingham Palace) and tries to capture the walk in ten pictures...
Food for thought?
Regards
Posted 25/07/2011 - 21:28
Link
I posted some of the tunnel a few weeks ago....great spot, as is the skate park on the southbank!
Posted 25/07/2011 - 22:16
Link
Low tide is very low at the moment. You could get yourself onto the Thames foreshore, that could make for some interesting photos in their own right, with the old exposed brick and wood foundations. Getting those things into shot with new modern buildings would make for good contrast.
The area opposite the tower of London might be a good start.
The area opposite the tower of London might be a good start.
k5, 50mm FA, 18-55mm Kit, 50-200mm DA, 15mm Fisheye Sigma, 10-17mm DA Fisheye, 18-55mm DA WR, DA* 60-250, DA* 16-50
Posted 26/07/2011 - 01:25
Link
Friend of mine from London has just bought this book ....
http://www.metropublications.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.brows...
She's not a snapper, but recommended it. Might provide some inspiration. Some good ideas already in this thread.
How about getting on The Tube and snapping. I got some great snaps down there last year. Must do it again
http://www.metropublications.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.brows...
She's not a snapper, but recommended it. Might provide some inspiration. Some good ideas already in this thread.
How about getting on The Tube and snapping. I got some great snaps down there last year. Must do it again
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


64 posts
15 years
Any ideas of things I can try for something fresh?
I took these for something out of my comfort zone.
Pentax Kr -
Pentax DA 17-70mm f4 AL SDM
Pentax DA L 18-55mm