looking for a new camera bag
Posted 23/08/2013 - 09:12
Link
Tried this one ?
link
I use a Lowepro Event Messenger 150 - not all weather [ i.e. no built in rain cover ] , takes my iPad in an internal pocket as well as my K30 with the Tamron 18-250 attached and still space for my 35mm , and the 18-55WR plus other bits and bobs.
In travel mode , as it will be next week - it has the iPad , K30 + either the Tamron or the 18-55 , and the 35 plus various contents of my handbag such as wallets passport etc . Front pocket holds a useful amount of cards , spare batteries, Lenspen lens cloths. Aer Arann seem happy with it as a camera bag since I'm travelling with a small cabin sized roller case
link
I use a Lowepro Event Messenger 150 - not all weather [ i.e. no built in rain cover ] , takes my iPad in an internal pocket as well as my K30 with the Tamron 18-250 attached and still space for my 35mm , and the 18-55WR plus other bits and bobs.
In travel mode , as it will be next week - it has the iPad , K30 + either the Tamron or the 18-55 , and the 35 plus various contents of my handbag such as wallets passport etc . Front pocket holds a useful amount of cards , spare batteries, Lenspen lens cloths. Aer Arann seem happy with it as a camera bag since I'm travelling with a small cabin sized roller case
let the education continue
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
proud owner of a couple of cameras and a few bits and bobs
Posted 23/08/2013 - 09:25
Link
I use various Lowepro 'Nova' bags. Comfortable, spacious, waterproof (with built in rain cover), easy access, and good for storage generally.
Posted 23/08/2013 - 10:35
Link
have a look at Think Tank Retrospective range, don,t shout "expensive camera kit in here", definitely up there with Billingham on quality and the most comfortable shoulder strap i have had. looking at your list the Retrospective 10 would carry that and more. i am biased i have 2, the 10 and the largest, the 30, for when i need to take everything.
Posted 23/08/2013 - 11:41
Link
Have to echo what redbusa99 says...
Think Tank Retrospectives - well made and very comfortable (something often only appreciated after several hours of use). My Crumpler and Billingham very rarely get used nowadays since getting the retrospective 10
Think Tank Retrospectives - well made and very comfortable (something often only appreciated after several hours of use). My Crumpler and Billingham very rarely get used nowadays since getting the retrospective 10
LennyBloke
Posted 23/08/2013 - 11:45
Link
I'd definitely recommend the Vanguard UP-Rise series of bags if you like the messenger bag style. I have the UP-Rise 38 and I'm very very happy with it.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/VANGUARD-UP-Rise-38-Messenger-Camera/dp/B004CJKBJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377254613&sr=8-1&keywords=vanguard+uprise+38
http://www.amazon.co.uk/VANGUARD-UP-Rise-38-Messenger-Camera/dp/B004CJKBJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1377254613&sr=8-1&keywords=vanguard+uprise+38
FF: Pentax K-1, D-FA* 70-200, D-FA 24-70, D-FA 100, D-FA 28-105, FA 77, FA 43
APSC: K3, K5, DA*50-135, DA*300, Sigma 17-50, Sigma 10-20, 18-55mm, DA 55-300mm, DA35, 1.4TC
4/3: Q10, Q, 01, 02, 06
Fuji XT1, XF18-55, XF27
APSC: K3, K5, DA*50-135, DA*300, Sigma 17-50, Sigma 10-20, 18-55mm, DA 55-300mm, DA35, 1.4TC
4/3: Q10, Q, 01, 02, 06
Fuji XT1, XF18-55, XF27
Posted 23/08/2013 - 11:49
Link
Hi, I have a Lowepro when serious hike or very wet involved. mines one of those Slingshots.
I have a Crumpler 'Cupcake 5500' (daft names all of them)shoulder bag for hot trips abroad. The shoulder strap is very comfortable. It is the smallest I could get for my kit of K5,DA15mm Ltd, 18- 135 DA WR & 55-300 DA plus some filters
The Lowepro's seem to have more padding and room in top for flash or your lunch , the Crumplers are often in sales (£40) as they subtly change a lot for fashion reasons I guess.
I have a Crumpler 'Cupcake 5500' (daft names all of them)shoulder bag for hot trips abroad. The shoulder strap is very comfortable. It is the smallest I could get for my kit of K5,DA15mm Ltd, 18- 135 DA WR & 55-300 DA plus some filters
The Lowepro's seem to have more padding and room in top for flash or your lunch , the Crumplers are often in sales (£40) as they subtly change a lot for fashion reasons I guess.
Posted 23/08/2013 - 14:17
Link
LennyBloke wrote:
Have to echo what redbusa99 says- Think Tank Retrospectives...
Same here, LennyBloke I have previously owned various bags by Lowepro, Kata, and others, but none fitted the bill for me nearly as well as the Think Tanks. I should add though that I've never had a Billingham.
Have to echo what redbusa99 says- Think Tank Retrospectives...
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


135 posts
13 years
Harrogate
I have been looking online, I'm looking for something not massively big, but can take
a K30
a 55-300
a 18-55 or 18-135
a prime or teleconvertor
lens pen, batteries, sd cards, belt clip, filters x3 and lens cloths.
here are the ones I think are contenders. anyone used any of these can give a personal opinion?
link
link
link
link
link
http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/159645160/leather-camera-bag-unisex-tapestry?ref=shop_home_active you can also get a custom bag with them
link