London Trip
Posted 20/04/2008 - 19:48
Link
Love the last shot. excellent exposure. Not really into interiors so the first two don't really do anything for me even though they are very well done.
Steve
Steve
Posted 20/04/2008 - 19:56
Link
Thanks Skiddy. The problem with shots from the bridge, is that it doesn't keep still. If anyone's walking across it, it has a definite shake. Long exposures aren't ideal.
I know what you mean about the interior shots, if someone else had taken them they probably wouldn't interest me either. But the museum's very well done, and the rooms have an authentic feel about them.
Dan
I know what you mean about the interior shots, if someone else had taken them they probably wouldn't interest me either. But the museum's very well done, and the rooms have an authentic feel about them.
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 20/04/2008 - 21:21
Link
That last photo from the bridge is very appealing. A pity, in a way, that the lights were on in the building to the right.
Posted 21/04/2008 - 03:28
Link
Yes, I hadn't thought of that.
Dan
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 21/04/2008 - 03:31
Link
I like!javascript:emoticon('')
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 21/04/2008 - 07:08
Link
I really like the # 3 shot. This is excellent. Something I would have loved to have done myself...wow.
The first two are very good as well. Lovely colors. Just not my normal style or taste. But spot on!!
The first two are very good as well. Lovely colors. Just not my normal style or taste. But spot on!!
Posted 21/04/2008 - 08:52
Link
Nice shots Dan, I really like #3 and chirpy is right about the lights on in the building on the right, It would have been better to have them off.
So did you have the camera sitting on the railing or use a tripod. :
So did you have the camera sitting on the railing or use a tripod. :
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 21/04/2008 - 17:33
Link
Quote:
So did you have the camera sitting on the railing or use a tripod. :
Resting on the rail, didn't have the tripod with me. ISO400, 0.7s, f/4.5, 31mm (16-45). It's pretty sharp, but several weren't.So did you have the camera sitting on the railing or use a tripod. :
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 21/04/2008 - 21:35
Link
Good shots, number 3 is great.
K5, LightRoom 5
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Sigma 8-16 Pentax DA 16-45 Pentax DA 55-300 Pentax 18-55WR Tamron 90 Di Macro Metz 44 AF-1
Posted 24/04/2008 - 22:34
Link
Nice shots Dan - I was down in London again last week... Got some good shots during the day with some nice clouds but then the clouds turned against me at dusk so I packed up and cleared off home...
Spirit_of_will
Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit
WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com
Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook
Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit
WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com
Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook
Posted 24/04/2008 - 23:55
Link
Have you still got your panoramic gear? I know you were thinking of selling it before, just wondering if you were still using it. Not that I'd want it, just wondering.
Dan
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 25/04/2008 - 18:34
Link
Yeah the 6x17 Fuji is still seeing a little action although to be fair I've been more than a little lazy at getting out over the last 6 months or so...
Was never going to sell the Pano kit but going back 18 months or so I ended up with 2 of the things whilst trying to get my sticky mitts on one of the 300mm lenses which are (were) like hens teeth... Had to buy the whole outfit off a chap but did rather well out of the equation selling on the bits I didn't need on ebay...
Must get the film from last week processed..............
Was never going to sell the Pano kit but going back 18 months or so I ended up with 2 of the things whilst trying to get my sticky mitts on one of the 300mm lenses which are (were) like hens teeth... Had to buy the whole outfit off a chap but did rather well out of the equation selling on the bits I didn't need on ebay...
Must get the film from last week processed..............
Spirit_of_will
Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit
WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com
Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook
Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit
WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com
Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook
Posted 25/04/2008 - 19:17
Link
Quote:
Was never going to sell the Pano kit...
Thought I hadn't dreamed it...Was never going to sell the Pano kit...
https://www.pentaxuser.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7274&start=4
But I know how easy it is to voice idle thoughts.
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 27/04/2008 - 09:04
Link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



3458 posts
20 years
Billericay,
Essex
Thank goodness for Anti-Shake!
Later on, we crossed the Millenium Bridge, reminded me of shots by Spirit of Will, although his are much better - sky was a bit murky for me, and I didn't have a tripod. Excuses, excuses...
There are a few more shots on my blog.
Cheers,
Dan