Llangollen Spring Steam Gala 2018

droopsnoot
Posted 15/04/2018 - 19:29 Link
A grey day turned into a lovely afternoon for a trip to Llangollen, and judging by today's rain I'm glad I went yesterday. As I'd been pleased to find it but not actually done anything with it yet, I thought instead of using my 18-200 Sigma auto lens, I'd stick the manual SMC Pentax 50mm f1.7 lens that I picked up off the car boot sale last year. Here are some results.

1. Exhausting

Comment Image
procIMGP0017. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

2.

Comment Image
procIMGP0024. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

3.

Comment Image
procIMGP0031. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

4.

Comment Image
procIMGP0069. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

5.

Comment Image
procIMGP9983. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

6.

Comment Image
procIMGP9995. by Mike Edwards, on Flickr

I'd forgotten a few things, not least how flexible it is to have a wide-angle lens when wandering around a station platform, so I had to do quite a few more close-up shots than I normally would have done. I also got to try to remember the relationship between ISO, aperture and shutter speed that I can normally just forget about - I have one or two completely white images to show for it.

It was an interesting exercise though, and I'm generally pleased with the image quality from the lens.

As always, comments and critique is most welcome.
Real name: Mike Edwards. My homage to seventies Vauxhalls: www.firenza.net

Camera - Pentax Kx, 18-55 kit lens, 18-200 Sigma, 50-500 Sigma, 500mm Tamron mirror
reso
Posted 15/04/2018 - 22:06 Link
nice set no 2 for me
k5iis sigma 10-20 hsm tamron 17-50 pentax da 18-135 pentax A 50 f 1;1 7
pentax da*60-250 pentax da 55-300 sigma apo 150-500 hsm os pentax af1.7 adapter
Pentax af aw 1.4 rear converter and a flash
pgweber
Posted 15/04/2018 - 22:30 Link
I like the elevated perspective of 3 and the human interest of 5.
Peter

Pentax K5
Pentax DA 18-55 Mk1, 50-200 (Samsung), 16-45, 55-300 Mk1, 35 f/2.4
Pentax MZ6 + FA28-90, FA50 f/1.4, M 50 f/1.7
Tamron 80-210mm & 28mm

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo