Llandudno Pier

Stevecantlay

Link Posted 30/01/2020 - 07:07
Glad i sorted that out, I would have hated being responsible for Gareth having to buy a new monitor|

Quote:
really like the composition and think it's a great shot but I don't know if it's my screen but the bottom half looks over saturated and the water is blue where the surf should be white. Not sure if it's my screen or it needs the bottom half toning down a bit so make the water more white and less bright blue?

I

K10D

Link Posted 30/01/2020 - 08:40
The first image has better attraction and gives a totally different impression:

1) As Haris said "like a 'two different worlds' setup"

2) The wave front in the original provides a true platform into the top half of the image

3) The "rock" in upper left side of V2 distracts

4) The wave crest in V1 at V2 rock level is much more defined and also runs parallel to the horizon

5) The clouds in V1 are better lit. Their location provides a better sense of distance as they fade darker, closer to land at the right, above the pier

V2, same scene, completely different impression and imo, does not nudge the imagination and has less to look at.

V1 wins outright due to uncanny timing of the scene with both water and sky.

Printed large and staying true to the edited version, it's just a blo*dy good image.

Best regards
cameradextrous _ Motorcycles etc. link

Stevecantlay

Link Posted 31/01/2020 - 00:14
Haris, you got me at it now, the sky in v2 seems cramped in comparrioson v1. thanks for your time you gave to critique the images.

richandfleur

Link Posted 31/01/2020 - 01:26
Very nice.

cardiffgareth

Link Posted 01/02/2020 - 19:53
Seen this on a certain online monthly comp and given it a heart
Gareth
Welsh Photographer

My outfit: K1 gripped - Pentax D FA 24-70mm - Sigma 70-200mm ii HSM Macro - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Sigma 50-500mm - Pentax AF 540 FGZ Ii

My Flickr
My PPG
My 500px
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.