Lightroom Keys

myles

Link Posted 08/09/2010 - 15:20
Hi all,

I have used the beta version of Lightroom 3 until it expired in June. I downloaded the full release trial and have been using it during the past month. now it has run out and I have ordered a copy on disc from Amazon.

Does anyone know if, when it arrives, I can enter the licence key from the box into the downloaded version already sitting waiting on my system, or would I have to uninstall it and re-install from disc?

For that matter, are there any differences between the download version and the disc version?

Thanks,
Myles

flossie

Link Posted 08/09/2010 - 15:29
All you need to do is enter the licence key, and things will miraculously work again. No need to even touch the disc, just read the magic number off the box... You will also be prompted to download the new 3.2 update at some point.

EDIT : Your licence is valid for two PC's, btw.
Still shooting in the dark (literally and metaphorically)...
Last Edited by flossie on 08/09/2010 - 15:30

myles

Link Posted 08/09/2010 - 17:09
Thanks for that!

Yes, I know about the update, but there's probably no point in applying it until I have the licence number.

I was only asking in case Adobe treated the download differently to a retail boxed version in the same way Microsoft uses different keys depending on which exact variation of Windows you have

Thanks again, Flossie!

Myles

Algernon

Link Posted 08/09/2010 - 19:00
If it lets you it would probably be better to update now, just in case there are any bugs in the licensing part of the software.

My Eye_Fi card was like that couldn't get it to register using the software that came with it. After about 2 hours messing about I downloaded the latest version and presto it registered within seconds.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.