Lexus RC-F

malross73
Posted 15/03/2016 - 14:46 Link
Took a quick couple of shots of this at work last week K30 F50mm and 2 bare flashes one left side of car and one front of car. Processed in Lightroom.

Comment Image
Malcolm
Website link
cardiffgareth
Posted 15/03/2016 - 21:13 Link
Nice! I'd love to rig that!
Gareth Williams ARPS

My outfit: K1ii - Pentax D FA 24-70mm f2.8 - Pentax DA* 300mm f4 - Pentax modified DA* 60-250mm f4 - Irix 15mm Firefly - Pentax FA 35mm - FA 50mm f1.4 - Tamron SP 90mm macro - Pentax AF 540 FGZ II

Welsh Photographer
Flickr
Instagram
My PPG
Foundation NFT
walkeja
Posted 16/03/2016 - 10:19 Link
You should blur the number plate so that it cannot be read! Otherwise a nice photo of a c**p car.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
Edited by walkeja: 16/03/2016 - 10:19
OldTaffy
Posted 16/03/2016 - 16:18 Link
I tend to blur out any details that might identify a person who just happens to be in the image. Either slightly blur the person's face or the registration number of a private vehicle. However, I note that "Geograph" are not keen on any blurring or cloning. This is in their FAQ list:

"Some submitters do blur out legible vehicle registration plates. Opinions vary as to whether this is necessary or desirable but it is not a reason for rejection if subtly done."

When a car is the central focus of a photograph, the decision is not so clear.
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.
malross73
Posted 16/03/2016 - 19:07 Link
cardiffgareth wrote:
Nice! I'd love to rig that!
Thanks Gareth your bug shots are superb, might have to have a look into that.
Malcolm
Website link
womble
Posted 16/03/2016 - 23:06 Link
Why on earth would anyone blur a number plate? What possible use is it to man or beast, especially as everyone and his or her dog can read it as you are going along the road? I've never understood this number plate blurring business and have never bothered.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
walkeja
Posted 17/03/2016 - 10:10 Link
Like it or not, it is called identity theft, and as a person who has had a family member whose identity was stolen, I know the trouble they went through to be cleared of a criminal charge.
Pentax K1-ii and MZ6
Pentax Lenses 28-80 F, 300 DA*, 80-200 F, 35 F2.4 AL, M50 F1.7, 28-105 DFA, 20 F4 SMC
ONE UNITED Member
RobL
Posted 17/03/2016 - 10:22 Link
walkeja wrote:
Like it or not, it is called identity theft, and as a person who has had a family member whose identity was stolen, I know the trouble they went through to be cleared of a criminal charge.
There is a reason number plates are on public display; they are not personal and private information. Don't tell me every street shot has to blur out the number plates and faces! This has echoes of the silly furore last year about copyright for public buildings.
OldTaffy
Posted 17/03/2016 - 11:31 Link
It is a personal decision, but I blur out anything that might identify a person at a particular location, at a particular time. I know that it is none of my business, but I would not want a wife to see her husband photographed with another woman at a time when he said he was elsewhere. Nor a business manager be able to identify an employee's car parked outside a stadium when the employee had phoned in sick. OK, why should I protect anyone who is up to no good? Dunno, but I just think that way. Maybe because there have been times in the past when I have been a bit devious

Martin
A few of my photographs in flickr.
Lizars 1910 "Challenge" quarter-plate camera; and some more recent stuff.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo