Less than impressed with SRS

Pentaxonian
Posted 26/11/2011 - 13:22 Link
I am not very impressed after glowing endorsement here.

Ordered a DA*60-250 when they were on special last week-end. There was an issue with Paypal, so payment did not go through. As it was after hours, I could not phone to sort it out. Anyway, message on SRS website said they will contact me.

Well, not contacted. Order was cancelled and when I phoned through, was told I can go ahead and re order it. Of course the price had gone up. Eventually also got an email to confirm the cancellation.

So not impressed ...
K5iis and a couple of lenses.
Pentaxophile
Posted 26/11/2011 - 13:35 Link
Have you tried a phone call to explain that the lenses were at a lower price when you attempted to place the order? They may well honour the lower price. Clifton Cameras did a similar thing for me last year.
Still27
Posted 26/11/2011 - 13:50 Link
Now dout you will use PayPal again, and your problem started there so I think you should give SRS a chance to put things right before condemning them,If you have already tried this then fair comment.
Bill
K5+Bigma+BushHawk Shoulderpod.
K5+16-50DA* + 10-17DA Fisheye + 50-135DA* + Sigma 70mm Macro + DA35 2.4..
Slik Pro 700DX tripod.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixellie/
Mannesty
Posted 26/11/2011 - 14:43 Link
Seems hardly fair to blame SRS for a Paypal problem.

This seems to me to be a problem with last minute ordering online.

Why could you not have phoned your order through within working hours?

Anyway, give them a call on Monday, explain what happened, and see how it goes. If you're not satisfied with the result, order earlier next time.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Pentaxonian
Posted 26/11/2011 - 15:27 Link
Not exactly blaming them, just not very impressed. I'm pretty sure it does not reflect their customer service ( which is excellent by all accounts here)

It's just odd that they had an order but they somehow did not care about making sure they completed the sale. If I was not on this forum, I am not sure what I would make of the failed transaction.


PayPal ?blocked the payment. But I was not expecting them to just cancel the order without contacting me.
K5iis and a couple of lenses.
ChrisA
Posted 26/11/2011 - 15:45 Link
Personally I think it's bad form to diss a supplier on a forum before giving him a chance to sort things out, and without giving enough information to be sure that the report is genuinely balanced.

Interacting with an automated purchasing system out of hours (and god knows how often that can be a problem) is very different from interacting with a human being.

Reputations shouldn't be tarnished in haste.
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Pentaxonian
Posted 26/11/2011 - 16:03 Link
I am not dissing them, just not very impressed. My posts reflect that
K5iis and a couple of lenses.
ChrisA
Posted 26/11/2011 - 16:08 Link
Pentaxonian wrote:
I am not dissing them, just not very impressed. My posts reflect that
I wouldn't dispute this. Nevertheless, the implication is there.

Suppose you sold something on eBay, and something went wrong with the transaction. I presume you wouldn't like to get negative rep from the buyer before you'd had a chance to make things right?
.
Pentax K-3, DA18-135, DA35 F2.4, DA17-70, DA55-300, FA28-200, A50 F1.7, A100 F4 Macro, A400 F5.6, Sigma 10-20 EXDC, 50-500 F4.5-6.3 APO DG OS Samsung flash SEF-54PZF(x2)
.
Mike-P
Posted 26/11/2011 - 16:20 Link
I wouldn't have thought there's much incentive to put things right now anyway.
cabstar
Posted 26/11/2011 - 16:26 Link
The payment hadn't gone through and I am guessing the shopping cart cancelled your order as payment didn't go through. When I had a web store unprocessed orders where never sent to the back end attempt.

As others have said bad mouthing on forum before a business has had chance to rectify is not really on in my opinion...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Darkmunk
Posted 26/11/2011 - 16:42 Link
Just to balance things up, I couldn't be more happy with SRS.
Phone was answered quickly, they did what they said they would do (free postage) and my K5 arrived before Paypal had even released the funds. I buy all my big items through them.
Edited by Darkmunk: 26/11/2011 - 16:42
Algernon
Posted 26/11/2011 - 17:00 Link
It's totally wrong to blame SRS because you failed to make
the payment and I wouldn't expect Paypal to do anything other
than cancel things.

I've used Paypal to buy loads of gear off SRS and never had any
problems and the goods were always dispatched on the same day that
I ordered them.
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
beginner
Posted 26/11/2011 - 17:20 Link
Do all transactions with SRS go through Paypal?...I've ordered loads of items from them after hours and never had a problem,I always get an instant confirmation of order!
K20D...ist DS ,DA18/55,DA16/45.DA* 50/135,"A"1.7 50MM..."A" 70/210..M 50mm f2...Tamron 90mm macro,28/300 Tamron,200/500 Tamron 6.9....A Pentax DA*300... Sigma10/20,FA31mm 1.8 Ltd*********,FA 77mm Ltd!
gartmore
Posted 26/11/2011 - 17:25 Link
No, you don't have to use paypal. That's your choice.

I use Paypal as my 'pocket money' account from ebay sales, although I also use it with slow paying customers and a Paypal money request often does the trick. However, paypal fees usually cost more that a letter from a firm of debt collectors I use but that's the last resort.
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Edited by gartmore: 26/11/2011 - 17:28
Pentaxonian
Posted 26/11/2011 - 17:34 Link
The order went through and it was showing on SRS website. The order was cancelled 12 hrs later!
K5iis and a couple of lenses.

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo