Lens Repairs etc

Paragon
Posted 05/03/2007 - 11:50 Link
I fancy taking an old M42 lens apart, (just for fun - but maybe to try to learn a little).

Where can I buy the "tools" and kit from to do this - obviously precision screwdrivers are not a problem but how about the tool needed to remove the screw thread rings etc.

Any other tips really appreciated - apart from "don't do it"

Cheers
Mannesty
Posted 05/03/2007 - 12:23 Link
Tools are available from http://www.micro-tools.de/english.htm
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Mongoose
Posted 05/03/2007 - 13:54 Link
the East German zeiss lenses are easy to dismantle and play with. Japanese lenses like the Takumars are more difficult (so I hear).

I took my Zeiss flektogon to pieces and was able to free its sticky aperture without any special tools at all. Unscrewing the rear element was a challenge without the proper whatsit though!
Mannesty
Posted 05/03/2007 - 14:43 Link
Have a look at http://www.mypentax.com/tak50_1_4.html for a blow by blow description of how to disassemble a 50mm Takumar.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Paragon
Posted 05/03/2007 - 16:23 Link
Thanks for your replies

Started "hunting" on the web and found the following:

http://www.skgrimes.com/span/index.htm

nice "bit of kit"

all the good "bits and pieces" seem to be in the States

Cheers
fatspider
Posted 07/03/2007 - 00:25 Link
Quote:
Thanks for your replies

Started "hunting" on the web and found the following:

http://www.skgrimes.com/span/index.htm

nice "bit of kit"

all the good "bits and pieces" seem to be in the States

Cheers
Nooooooo!
I can just imagine that thing slipping and those nasty points raking thier way across the front element of someones pride and joy.
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo