Dental Macro
Posted 27/02/2007 - 21:22
Link
Hi Richard, I'm assuming your watching out for this lens (trying to be a bit cryptic), here's a couple of quick hand held shots
taken with this lens and a K10D. PEF, ACR to 16bit jpg, no post processing except resizing, follow the link to my pbase
account and you will find the full size jpgs, I'll leave them there for a couple of days (approx 4MB each)
Both 1/60s f/16.0 at 100.0mm iso100


Send me a PM if you need more info.
taken with this lens and a K10D. PEF, ACR to 16bit jpg, no post processing except resizing, follow the link to my pbase
account and you will find the full size jpgs, I'll leave them there for a couple of days (approx 4MB each)
Both 1/60s f/16.0 at 100.0mm iso100


Send me a PM if you need more info.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 27/02/2007 - 21:49
Link
The dental Macro lens was sold in a kit with ring flash, for dental photography. It's a 100mm macro lens just like any other. Unless someone can tell me differently I don't think there are any special features. Using a 100mm macro is the classic focal length for dental photography.
Best regards, John
Posted 27/02/2007 - 21:57
Link
John is correct, I should have added some more words to my OP.
The SMC-A 100 f4 Dental Macro is indentical to the non dental version, it has extra magnification markings on the barrel for use with the dental close-up lens set, using this set gives you up to 1:1 magnification but you need an AF-140C flash to hold the close-up lenses, the lens on it's own gives 1:2 max magnification.
Hope this helps.
The SMC-A 100 f4 Dental Macro is indentical to the non dental version, it has extra magnification markings on the barrel for use with the dental close-up lens set, using this set gives you up to 1:1 magnification but you need an AF-140C flash to hold the close-up lenses, the lens on it's own gives 1:2 max magnification.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 27/02/2007 - 22:04
Link
It helped enough for me to put in a bid on your lens Brian!
Best regards, John
Posted 27/02/2007 - 22:25
Link
good luck John.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Posted 08/03/2007 - 12:17
Link
Glad to see you're keeping the old macro in good nick, Arthur!
G
G
Keywords: Charming, polite, and generally agreeable.
Posted 08/03/2007 - 12:34
Link
If anyone else is interested, keep a watchful eye out as I've just finished writing the listing for my non-Dental version of this lens. I'll try not to make mine compete with yours Brian...
Will
Will
Spirit_of_will
Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit
WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com
Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook
Fan and user of quality Pentax Shiny Kit
WEBSITE www.willbartonphotography.com & www.inspiredlightimages.com
Will Barton Photography: Landscapes, Cityscapes
My Flickr
Follow Will Barton Photography on Facebook
Posted 08/03/2007 - 12:50
Link
Hi Will,
My auction has finished, got roughly what I was looking for (£120), unfortunately JR was pipped at the post.
However I have now aquired an D-FA 100 f2.8 macro and will shortely be listiing my extremely rare SMC-A 100 f2.8 Macro (cost me more than a new D-FA ) but I'll wait till your auction has finished.
My auction has finished, got roughly what I was looking for (£120), unfortunately JR was pipped at the post.
However I have now aquired an D-FA 100 f2.8 macro and will shortely be listiing my extremely rare SMC-A 100 f2.8 Macro (cost me more than a new D-FA ) but I'll wait till your auction has finished.
Cheers
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Brian.
LBA is good for you, a Lens a day helps you work, rest and play.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.




607 posts
20 years
Can anyone give me some info on the Pentax SMC-A 100mm f4 Dental Macro lens.
Cheers Richard