just SRS buying power...?
Cheers Jules...

My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.

www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Last Edited by jules on 25/06/2012 - 13:50

mecrox

Link Posted 25/06/2012 - 14:24
Still more than buying from a full Pentax dealer in Germany, though, at least on the three I've checked. Maybe lens sales in Treasure Island started to dry up? Selling Pentax lenses in the UK must be a pretty tough call at the moment.

jules

Link Posted 25/06/2012 - 15:44
mecrox wrote:
Still more than buying from a full Pentax dealer in Germany, though, at least on the three I've checked. Maybe lens sales in Treasure Island started to dry up? Selling Pentax lenses in the UK must be a pretty tough call at the moment.

Sellin them to me is a very tough call for them at the moment, I'm broke!
Any decrease is welcome in my Camp at this time, I plan to stay with pentax and reckon on a Body and a couple of Lenses in the next eighteen months. If they can't manage a 120-370ish (Al a Roadmap)zoom in that time I'll just get another 300 F4 and hopefully the K5 replacement but it won't be at it's initial selling price I very much doubt...

Oh and come to think of it,a new P.C. has to come first, my eighteen month old one is already a shed!
Cheers Jules...

Last Edited by jules on 25/06/2012 - 15:47

steven9761

Link Posted 25/06/2012 - 17:52
Quote:
Oh and come to think of it,a new P.C. has to come first, my eighteen month old one is already a shed!

Your pc is probably fine, Jules... Maybe fit another hard drive, and/or an external HD??.. I've seen 3Tb drives, but I think they are a bit expensive atm.

cabstar

Link Posted 25/06/2012 - 19:32
Stick an sad In it, best 100 upgrade you can get
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

jules

Link Posted 25/06/2012 - 21:47
steven9761 wrote:
Quote:

Your pc is probably fine, Jules... Maybe fit another hard drive, and/or an external HD??.. I've seen 3Tb drives, but I think they are a bit expensive atm.

Thought about that but I was soo lucky I got one of the forst socket 1155 motherboards from Gigabyte, which unfortunately has malfunctioning SATA ports! Apparantly for thiss model they all do, so they want me to send it back which would be fine if for the fact that'll leave me with nothing to hang all the bits off! It's been nowt but trouble from day one and it's slowing to a crawl now, so it will ahve to go, I'll get the new board stick it all back together and flog it, since then it'll all work fine...

cabstar wrote:
Stick an sad In it, best 100 upgrade you can get

You mean SSD?
Cheers Jules...

cabstar

Link Posted 25/06/2012 - 23:31
Yesmlol, iPad predictive text...
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released

steven9761

Link Posted 26/06/2012 - 07:31
Jules - have you looked on the Gigabyte website for advise/updates? It may be a cheaper route than a new rig.

jules

Link Posted 26/06/2012 - 15:21
steven9761 wrote:
Jules - have you looked on the Gigabyte website for advise/updates? It may be a cheaper route than a new rig.

Yep!
They'll replace the board if I give em the Serial which means taking it out! Then there is up to six weeks wait to get the new one leaving me without for that time, not an option. I 'll get another Computer, then do it and build myself up a second PC...

Thats probably enough digression from the thread subject, so to keep John Happy, anyone else seen any more levelling/lowering of Pentax Prices from other retailers than SRS, in the UK recently?
Cheers Jules...

jules

Link Posted 27/06/2012 - 12:50
Digressing again, I contacted Gigabyte this AM and they offered me an RMA with a turnaround of a working week which could change things a bit methinks.
Could save me mucho wonga!
Cheers Jules...

Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.