Lens Hoods
Posted 27/10/2011 - 16:51
Link
Dampier1 wrote:
Where is the best place to buy lens hoods? I have one on my Sigma 70-210 Zoom -macro. And I have a screw type rubber one on my Pentax 37-70 zoom lens. I would like to get one for my Pentax DAL 18-55 and DAL 50-200. Both are 52mm screw, I would prefer rubber as they fold flat, not too many old type camera shops around these days with bargin baskets!! we used to find all sorts of bits in them.
Regards
Alan
Dampier1
Try JJC thro Amazon...
Where is the best place to buy lens hoods? I have one on my Sigma 70-210 Zoom -macro. And I have a screw type rubber one on my Pentax 37-70 zoom lens. I would like to get one for my Pentax DAL 18-55 and DAL 50-200. Both are 52mm screw, I would prefer rubber as they fold flat, not too many old type camera shops around these days with bargin baskets!! we used to find all sorts of bits in them.
Regards
Alan
Dampier1
Posted 27/10/2011 - 19:38
Link
Moved to the correct place
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 27/10/2011 - 21:27
Link
These are exactly the kinds of things that I have found Rocky Cameras brilliant for.
Very low prices, typically £2.50-3.00 each and with a filter. I found his service good. I am aware that others have had mixed experiences with poor descriptions of lenses and other higher value items, but for these kinds of bits and bobs you can hardly go wrong.
link
The attached filters may or may not be any good, but the hoods alone are well worth the price. Regard any useful filter as a free bonus.
Very low prices, typically £2.50-3.00 each and with a filter. I found his service good. I am aware that others have had mixed experiences with poor descriptions of lenses and other higher value items, but for these kinds of bits and bobs you can hardly go wrong.
link
The attached filters may or may not be any good, but the hoods alone are well worth the price. Regard any useful filter as a free bonus.
Posted 27/10/2011 - 21:34
Link
Are you replacing the hoods that came with those lenses for a reason?
I hadn't realised there could be a benefit to 'upgrading' your lense hood?
I hadn't realised there could be a benefit to 'upgrading' your lense hood?
Posted 27/10/2011 - 21:42
Link
grandadchris6 wrote:
Try JJC thro Amazon...
As grandadchris6 suggested, I use JJC lens hoods on both my DAL 18-55 and 55-300 lenses. They are cheaper versions of the original pentax lens hoods (beyonet fit with removable panels to access filters) and when I put the lens away, I reverse mount the hood, so far with no problems. I got mine via a well known auction site, where a large selection of rubber hoods can also be found although you may prefer to use 7dayshop as snappychappy mentioned.
Try JJC thro Amazon...
Born again photographer! Pentax K-30 & kit lenses. Just what do all these buttons do......?
Posted 28/10/2011 - 08:17
Link
woodworm wrote:
Are you replacing the hoods that came with those lenses for a reason?
I hadn't realised there could be a benefit to 'upgrading' your lense hood?
DAL lenses aren't supplied with hoods.
Are you replacing the hoods that came with those lenses for a reason?
I hadn't realised there could be a benefit to 'upgrading' your lense hood?
Ken
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
“We must avoid however, snapping away, shooting quickly and without thought, overloading ourselves with unnecessary images that clutter our memory and diminish the clarity of the whole.” - Henri Cartier-Bresson -
Posted 28/10/2011 - 09:15
Link
gartmore wrote:
... DAL lenses aren't supplied with hoods.
Learn something new everyday, thanks
... DAL lenses aren't supplied with hoods.
Posted 28/10/2011 - 17:08
Link
Thank you all for the information, I will give it a go in a day or so. We used to be able to walk into most camera shops in the (Old days)and pick up most of the things you needed, once again many thanks.
Regards Alan
Dampier1
Regards Alan
Dampier1
Posted 29/10/2011 - 14:32
Link
I buy lens hoods from Amazon, but through third parties. Here´s a link to the 58mm one (for example):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/58mm-Three-Lens-Hood-Rubber/dp/B0051UGTRW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I6UTS7CWPG3C7&colid=3LTY4HH99FI0S
The three-stage ones are very useful because they´re good for virtually any focal length & they´re good quality.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/58mm-Three-Lens-Hood-Rubber/dp/B0051UGTRW/ref=wl_it_dp_o_npd?ie=UTF8&coliid=I6UTS7CWPG3C7&colid=3LTY4HH99FI0S
The three-stage ones are very useful because they´re good for virtually any focal length & they´re good quality.
Pentax hybrid user - Digital K3, film 645 and 35mm SLR and Pentax (&other) lenses adapted to Fuji X and Panasonic L digital
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Fan of DA limited and old manual lenses
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


10 posts
15 years
Bridlington
Regards
Alan
Dampier1