LBA :O

nathanever82
Posted 24/10/2009 - 21:01 Link
So... Tomorrow its my birthday... and today I went to the Strand, and got a little new toy... (Thanks to a suggestion I got in another post)... Used... really good price IMO.

Straight out of camera, small jpegs, ISO's in order 640 - 2000 - 1250. This lens is incredible

Obviously the DA*200mm f2.8

[IMG]http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u332/nathanever82/_IGP9114.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u332/nathanever82/_IGP9143.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u332/nathanever82/_IGP9170.jpg[/IMG]
'Between the lights there is always a shadow'

www.nathanservi.com & PPG
Hardgravity
Posted 24/10/2009 - 21:26 Link
So you have a sharp lens, which means less time in photoshop and more time shooting.

Result!!
Cheers, HG

K110+DA40, K200+DA35, K3 and a bag of lenses, bodies and other bits.

Mustn't forget the Zenits, or folders, or...

PPG entries.
Mike-P
Posted 24/10/2009 - 21:28 Link
nathanever82 wrote:
So... Tomorrow its my birthday... and today I went to the Strand, and got a little new toy... (Thanks to a suggestion I got in another post)... Used... really good price IMO.

Which was?
nathanever82
Posted 24/10/2009 - 21:38 Link
£599... absolutely perfect condition...
What do you think? approve?
'Between the lights there is always a shadow'

www.nathanservi.com & PPG
Mike-P
Posted 24/10/2009 - 21:43 Link
nathanever82 wrote:
£599... absolutely perfect condition...
What do you think? approve?
Seems a good price considering what they cost today.
My problem is that I always think back to a few months ago when lens prices were a lot cheaper .. I remember SRS selling a refurb on Ebay for £399 not that long ago.

Still, no use remembering the "good old days" .. there will be plenty of time for that when I retire .. enjoy the lens, looks good.
bforbes
Posted 24/10/2009 - 21:43 Link
Seems like a good deal to me
nathanever82
Posted 24/10/2009 - 21:49 Link
Not only, but if atm its £709 at SRS, only a month ago it was almost £1000. I know prices are not going to go up right now, but still, the 200 has never been less than £700 so I don't think I could have got a better deal from a reputable retailer, with guarantee, and all that comes with it.
'Between the lights there is always a shadow'

www.nathanservi.com & PPG
RR
Posted 24/10/2009 - 21:53 Link
It seems as F2.8 isn't quite fast enough, even with SR the first 2 are suffering from camera shake, number 2 really quite badly.
nathanever82
Posted 24/10/2009 - 22:02 Link
Are you kidding me? it was dark, 7pm this evening.
Number 1 was 1/60, 2 was 1/100s, its still a 200mm, handheld in those lighting conditions its going to be quite hard to hold it perfectly sharp!!!
'Between the lights there is always a shadow'

www.nathanservi.com & PPG
RR
Posted 24/10/2009 - 22:14 Link
Nathan, I agree entirely & you've got shots here you wouldn't have got at F4. I may be a little harsh on shot 1 as it could be high iso leading to loss of detail/sharpness, but #2 is is really very soft indeed & hardly proof of an "incredible" lens. I think you may be a little over-excited at your latest aqcuisition, it happens to us all.

Please come back in the cold light of day & blow my socks off ! Don't try & bend the laws of physics, use the technique we know you have, & produce some stellar shots.
nathanever82
Posted 24/10/2009 - 22:23 Link
I understand what you are saying, but again, the conditions in which these were shot are astonishing for any camera or lens! I never dreamed shooting at night with a telephoto before, and the K7 and DA* zooms allow just for that.

Agree, these shots are far from decent, but again, jpgs of the lowest quality (I shoot RAW+ with a low quality jpeg) straight off camera and not touched at all.
'Between the lights there is always a shadow'

www.nathanservi.com & PPG
jaco
Posted 26/10/2009 - 18:39 Link
Hi Nathan,
As I said prevously is an incredible lens, expecially for the price you have paid, I got mine for a bit more and I am very happy with it, I didn`t have the time to play with, infact I came back from Italy today.
I will post one photo on the gallery i made recently with it.
Claudio
DA*16-50
davex
Posted 26/10/2009 - 18:50 Link
Quote:
Agree, these shots are far from decent
No 3 seems very decent to me
K5 + 8mm-500mm zooms and primes
Please feel free to play with any images I post.
My flickr: link
nathanever82
Posted 26/10/2009 - 20:51 Link
Just got back from a day out in brighton.

Brought the fish-eye and the 200mm. I am really very pleased about this lens, its absolutely perfect for my people /street-photography style. I really like the fact that Its long enough to be discreet, but not too long to be too hard to use...

It probably will not be long enough for wildlife, but this is very rarely subject of my photography, and for candid portraits of people on the street, its a real cracker!

Will post photos from today later on in the week.
'Between the lights there is always a shadow'

www.nathanservi.com & PPG
MrCynical
Posted 26/10/2009 - 21:17 Link
nathanever82 wrote:
Not only, but if atm its £709 at SRS, only a month ago it was almost £1000. I know prices are not going to go up right now
Tell that to whoever at Pentax decided to near-as-damn double lens prices right in the worst part of the recession

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo