DA15 f/4 review
Posted 19/10/2009 - 13:05
Link
Well Ian don't expect a Christmas card from me this year as I won't be able to afford one now I have read that review.
Not quite as wide as I would like but so tiny
Mike
Not quite as wide as I would like but so tiny
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 19/10/2009 - 13:28
Link
Its very tiny, about 8mm shorter than the DA 35mm macro, only thing I don't like about it is the screw on lens cap. I haven't had any issues with the width, and I have used it in some moderately confined areas.
When travelling light I take the DA15 + 35mm macro and the FA77, great trio
When travelling light I take the DA15 + 35mm macro and the FA77, great trio
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 19/10/2009 - 13:45
Link
cardiff_gareth wrote:
I think if Clarky has his list fully edited with all his lenses etc we'd have to scroll a long way down to read the next post in threads after his
yeah your right, I think it needs trimming a bit, and there is a bunch more that are not listed.
I think if Clarky has his list fully edited with all his lenses etc we'd have to scroll a long way down to read the next post in threads after his
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 19/10/2009 - 14:13
Link
Clarky wrote:
might it perhaps be quicker to list the lenses you dont have?
cardiff_gareth wrote:
I think if Clarky has his list fully edited with all his lenses etc we'd have to scroll a long way down to read the next post in threads after his
yeah your right, I think it needs trimming a bit, and there is a bunch more that are not listed. I think if Clarky has his list fully edited with all his lenses etc we'd have to scroll a long way down to read the next post in threads after his
you don't have to be mad to post here
but it does help
but it does help
Posted 19/10/2009 - 14:21
Link
your all wise guys
I might be able to trim it by one, I see Gareth is after a DA16-45 in the Classifieds section, if he would like to PM me, perhaps we can do a deal
I might be able to trim it by one, I see Gareth is after a DA16-45 in the Classifieds section, if he would like to PM me, perhaps we can do a deal
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 19/10/2009 - 15:13
Link
Make me an offer I can't refuse
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 19/10/2009 - 15:16
Link
Well I think that's called my bluff quite neatly.
Certainly looks like a lens I could live with - especially as the 10-20 is so big. But the cost at £600 I'll have to have a very good month to afford that. I think a K7 is ahead of it anyway.
Mike
Certainly looks like a lens I could live with - especially as the 10-20 is so big. But the cost at £600 I'll have to have a very good month to afford that. I think a K7 is ahead of it anyway.
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 19/10/2009 - 15:34
Link
£600 Wow the pricing of lenses over there is out of control.
I paid AU$800 (£400) for mine.
I get the impression Pentax is trying to refill its coffers off the backs of you guys alone, Have you pi$$ed them off or something. :
I paid AU$800 (£400) for mine.
I get the impression Pentax is trying to refill its coffers off the backs of you guys alone, Have you pi$$ed them off or something. :
Camera:|K-7|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Pentax Lenses:|DA12-24/f4 ED AL|DA35Ltd Macro|FA31Ltd|FA77Ltd|FA50/1.4|F70-210|FA20-35 f4/AL|A*200/f4 Macro ED|A50/1.7|A50 Macro f2.8|1.7xAF adapter|
Voigtlander|125/f2.5SL Macro APO Lanthar|
Sigma Lenses:|EX DG 100-300 f4|2X & 1.4X TC|
Flashes:|AF540FGZx2|RingFlash AF160FC|
Posted 19/10/2009 - 16:09
Link
Well I went to Japan last year - but I don't think I was rude to anyone.
I can only suppose they are experimenting with price sensitivity. They might take the attitude that we're nearly all broke but those that aren't still have money and will pay any amount. This does seem to be the case, those that have money still have plenty of it. Paupers probably never bought Pentax anyway.
I am passing through Kuwait next week, I wonder if their duty free shop will have a bargain?
Mike
I can only suppose they are experimenting with price sensitivity. They might take the attitude that we're nearly all broke but those that aren't still have money and will pay any amount. This does seem to be the case, those that have money still have plenty of it. Paupers probably never bought Pentax anyway.
I am passing through Kuwait next week, I wonder if their duty free shop will have a bargain?
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 20/10/2009 - 03:09
Link
I am purchasing this lens upon seeing the Photozone review and excellent the results I have seen here and elsewhere. This looks like a very impressive lens. I pick it up tomorrow.
Cameras:K-7/K20D/*ist D/K10D
Lenses:DA14 f2.8, A16 f2.8, FA20 f2.8, FA31 f1.8, DA35 f2.8 macro, FA43 f1.9, FA50 f1.4, A50 f1.4, A50 f1.2, FA50 f2.8 macro, DA*55 f1.4, FA77 f1.8, DFA100 f2.8 macro, A100 f2.8, DA*300 f4, FA*300 f4.5, DA10-17 FE, DA12-24 f4, DA*16-50 f2.8, DA17-70 f4, FA*28-70 f2.8, DA*50-135 f2.8, DA*60-250 f4, FA*80-200 f2.8.
Flashes:AF540FGZ, AF360FGZ
Lenses:DA14 f2.8, A16 f2.8, FA20 f2.8, FA31 f1.8, DA35 f2.8 macro, FA43 f1.9, FA50 f1.4, A50 f1.4, A50 f1.2, FA50 f2.8 macro, DA*55 f1.4, FA77 f1.8, DFA100 f2.8 macro, A100 f2.8, DA*300 f4, FA*300 f4.5, DA10-17 FE, DA12-24 f4, DA*16-50 f2.8, DA17-70 f4, FA*28-70 f2.8, DA*50-135 f2.8, DA*60-250 f4, FA*80-200 f2.8.
Flashes:AF540FGZ, AF360FGZ
Posted 20/10/2009 - 08:48
Link
I think it might be worth noting that there is also a recent dp review of this lens here.
Both reviews seem to come out very much the same. Both highlight that the lens is a bit soft wide open. Interestingly the DP review also suggests that a Tonkia or Pentax 12-24 might be a better buy as it has better performance at 15mm. I guess it all depends on whether the small size of the 15mm is important to you.
At the present prices it is far too expensive for me
Glyn
Both reviews seem to come out very much the same. Both highlight that the lens is a bit soft wide open. Interestingly the DP review also suggests that a Tonkia or Pentax 12-24 might be a better buy as it has better performance at 15mm. I guess it all depends on whether the small size of the 15mm is important to you.
At the present prices it is far too expensive for me
Glyn
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


271 posts
20 years
Stockholm
link
Cheers,
/Ian