Latest P U Mag OOOPS!


PeteL

Link Posted 01/04/2010 - 18:16
Just enjoyed leafing through the latest PU Mag, When i got to page 23. My eye was caught immediately by John Anthony`s shot of a French Navy Mirage 2000. The Caption made me Giggle!....."One of the RAF`s Battle of Britain Memorial Flights at Conningsby" Picture Ed go to the back of the class!

Reminds me of the time when a bunch of Aviation buffs were aboard a Dan Air flight. The stewardess announced .. Welcome aboard Dan Air Comet 4b... Before she got any further everyone shouted in unison ...4C!!!

Regards - Pete

womble

Link Posted 01/04/2010 - 20:08
My copy hasn't arrived yet.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

fatspider

Link Posted 01/04/2010 - 22:27
Quote:
My copy hasn't arrived yet

Well congratulation in advance Kris, and David Trout too of course
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

mayday

Link Posted 01/04/2010 - 23:08
PeteL wrote:


Reminds me of the time when a bunch of Aviation buffs were aboard a Dan Air flight. The stewardess announced .. Welcome aboard Dan Air Comet 4b... Before she got any further everyone shouted in unison ...4C!!!

Regards - Pete

You remember Dan Dare flights?
Regards
David

Retired at last - now all that time for photography - you would think: wink:

davidtrout

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 09:45
Yes congrats to Kris, and GlynM, Ken Lloyd, Susan Atkins and Will Brealey, we all made it into the gallery for abstract shots.

david
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout

PeteL

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 09:54
mayday wrote:
PeteL wrote:


Reminds me of the time when a bunch of Aviation buffs were aboard a Dan Air flight. The stewardess announced .. Welcome aboard Dan Air Comet 4b... Before she got any further everyone shouted in unison ...4C!!!

Regards - Pete

You remember Dan Dare flights?

Yes i am that OLD!!!

Regards - Pete

womble

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 10:13
davidtrout wrote:
Yes congrats to Kris, and GlynM, Ken Lloyd, Susan Atkins and Will Brealey, we all made it into the gallery for abstract shots.

david

Many thanks, and well done to all. I was rather surprised and the fact that it was taken on film using my "K" 135mm made me smile too. I am looking forward to seeing the magazine.

K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera… they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.

My website

GlynM

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 12:11
davidtrout wrote:
Yes congrats to Kris, and GlynM, Ken Lloyd, Susan Atkins and Will Brealey, we all made it into the gallery for abstract shots.

david

Thanks and congratulations from me as well. It was quite a shock. I've never had a picture published like this before .

Glyn
Last Edited by GlynM on 02/04/2010 - 12:11

Hyram

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 12:45
impotentspider wrote:
Quote:
My copy hasn't arrived yet

Well congratulation in advance Kris, and David Trout too of course

Good to see so many familiar names in there
Hyram

Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T

fatspider

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 13:06


Sorry Glyn, I didn't recognise your name in the mag as a forum user, you really should post more often

Do I know the other winners too I wonder
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

GlynM

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 13:33
impotentspider wrote:


Sorry Glyn, I didn't recognise your name in the mag as a forum user, you really should post more often ....

No problem, and you are probably correct, perhaps I should .

Glyn

davidtrout

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 13:52
impotentspider wrote:


Sorry Glyn, I didn't recognise your name in the mag as a forum user, you really should post more often

Do I know the other winners too I wonder

Susan Watkins is better known in the Forum as Abesad; Ken Lloyd is KenL and William Brealey is Pentaxophile.
david
PS It would be helpful if the magazine printed user names as well as proper names of photographers whose pictures are published.
PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidtrout
Last Edited by davidtrout on 02/04/2010 - 14:07

fatspider

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 17:20
Quote:
Susan Watkins is better known in the Forum as Abesad; Ken Lloyd is KenL and William Brealey is Pentaxophile.

Well thats told me David, thank you. I cant understand why people have to pick these silly names anyway
My Names Alan, and I'm a lensaholic.
My PPG link
My Flckr link

Pentaxophile

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 17:37


Well what can I say. Fame at last!

And if I could in back and change my name to something more sensible, or at least less similar to 'paedophile', I probably would!
[link=https://500px.com/will_brealey/[/link]

Malo1961

Link Posted 02/04/2010 - 20:44
Pentaxophile wrote:


Well what can I say. Fame at last!

And if I could in back and change my name to something more sensible, or at least less similar to 'paedophile', I probably would!

Just request John by pm. It has been done before.
Best regards,

Martin.


Curious about my photography?? Just Follow the Light.
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.