Kr autofocus problem

scotiaphotographic

Link Posted 03/03/2017 - 16:28
I haven't used my Kr in a while (about a year) due to my disability but when I went to use it (tried all modes) the lenses aren't auto focusing so I was wondering if anyone can tell me what might be the problem and if it can be sorted?
Thanks
Digital Equipment: Pentax Kr, Pentax SMC DAL 18 -55mm & 50-200mm Zoom Lens, Pentax k100d, SMC DA 18-55mm, Tamron 70-300mm LD Di 1:4-5.6 TELE-MACRO lens, Jessops 280D flashgun, Hama Star 63 tripod and Jessops monopod.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scotia_photographic/

pschlute

Link Posted 03/03/2017 - 16:29
1. Recharge the battery

2. Take the lens off and clean the contacts on both camera and lens with a lint-free cloth

3. Pray
Peter

My Flickr page

Mike-P

Link Posted 03/03/2017 - 16:50
4. Make sure the camera isn't set to manual focus.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

scotiaphotographic

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 00:32
pschlute wrote:
1. Recharge the battery

2. Take the lens off and clean the contacts on both camera and lens with a lint-free cloth

3. Pray

Tried all that, even prayed no luck still continuously trying to focus with no luck in any mode
Digital Equipment: Pentax Kr, Pentax SMC DAL 18 -55mm & 50-200mm Zoom Lens, Pentax k100d, SMC DA 18-55mm, Tamron 70-300mm LD Di 1:4-5.6 TELE-MACRO lens, Jessops 280D flashgun, Hama Star 63 tripod and Jessops monopod.

scotiaphotographic

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 00:33
Mike-P wrote:
4. Make sure the camera isn't set to manual focus.

Definitely not on manual

JAK

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 00:53
Had you set the camera to only focus with the back AF button? I've thought the same as you before now and that was the reason.
John K

pschlute

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 00:55
Ok , what happens when you press the AF button on the rear of the camera...ie not by shutter button half press ?
Peter

My Flickr page

pschlute

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 00:56
JAK wrote:
Had you set the camera to only focus with the back AF button? I've thought the same as you before now and that was the reason.

We must stop doing this !
Peter

My Flickr page

scotiaphotographic

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 10:41
JAK wrote:

Hi John,

Sorry if I sound dense or stupid but how do I check this

pschlute

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 11:00
scotiaphotographic wrote:
JAK wrote:

Hi John,

It will be in the settings. But what happens if you press the AF button on the back of the camera ?
Peter

My Flickr page

JAK

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 11:20
pschlute wrote:
JAK wrote:

We must stop doing this !

You won both cameras this time so I'll give you your one back from last time.
John K
Last Edited by JAK on 04/03/2017 - 11:23

JAK

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 11:21
pschlute wrote:
Quote:

Hi John,

It will be in the settings. But what happens if you press the AF button on the back of the camera ?

Yes, if that focuses the camera the AF is working fine, it is just a setting. Worry about which setting later!
John K

scotiaphotographic

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 11:22
pschlute wrote:
Quote:

Hi John,

When pressing the AF it does the exact same the lens motor just seems to make the focus go in and out trying to focus but won't if you know what I mean.

scotiaphotographic

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 11:24
pschlute wrote:
Quote:
JAK wrote:

Hi John,

When pressing the AF it does the exact same the lens motor just seems to make the focus go in and out trying to focus but won't if you know what I mean.

Sorry forgot to say it does it with all lenses

JAK

Link Posted 04/03/2017 - 11:26
pschlute wrote:
Quote:
JAK wrote:

Hi John,

Ah, I think we've all misunderstood and thought the AF didn't do anything. So it does, but doesn't select a focus point? Is that right?
John K
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.