Kit Bag which one?
Posted 06/04/2009 - 21:57
Link
Just reading now, late as usual
I have both the Lowepro Orion Trekker and the Mini Trekker AW
The Orion is nice and light, I can get the K20D with grip and 2 extra lenses in it. However, in pouring rain it is not good, on a recent photo shoot in monsoon conditions everything got wet.
The mini trekker however, is excellent, It will take, and I quote, K20D+grip, Sigma 24-70 F2.8, DA*50-135 FA 50 F1.4, Sigma 10-20, K10D, DA 16-45, Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6, and at a pinch,my tokina 20-35mm
I have both the Lowepro Orion Trekker and the Mini Trekker AW
The Orion is nice and light, I can get the K20D with grip and 2 extra lenses in it. However, in pouring rain it is not good, on a recent photo shoot in monsoon conditions everything got wet.
The mini trekker however, is excellent, It will take, and I quote, K20D+grip, Sigma 24-70 F2.8, DA*50-135 FA 50 F1.4, Sigma 10-20, K10D, DA 16-45, Sigma 70-300 F4-5.6, and at a pinch,my tokina 20-35mm
Some Cameras
Posted 07/04/2009 - 21:24
Link
many thanks for all your advice.
Posted 07/04/2009 - 21:43
Link
Gwyn wrote:
Unlocker which bag did you take to the US with you?
Took the Kata as it was the 'best fit' for airline carry on requirements, not as deep as there is no laptop section.Unlocker which bag did you take to the US with you?
Another advantage of the Kata is that you can store both straps inside the bag of the back to prevent having straps getting in the way on the plane, and it also has a strap to secure it to your suitcase handle. Well thought out features those, came in handy.
Posted 19/04/2009 - 22:42
Link
Well I got a Lowepro Fastpack 250 from http://www.morrisphoto.co.uk/ Ordered on Wednesday, arrived first thing on Thursday, great service, goodprice too. The bag itself is very comfortable, has loads of space (for my kit anyway) and the side entry (slingshot style) is very useful. All in all good bag from a good supplier.
Posted 20/04/2009 - 09:03
Link
I've been using the Lowepro Slingshot 200 for quite a while - excellent.
Just got a Lowepro Nova 3 - incredibly small, but I can pack in a whole pile of lenses and kit (K20D+grip+DA17-70, AF360, DA12-24, FA50/1.4, FA80-320 and assorted bits) It's very discrete and comfortable to use! Definitely recommended.
Matt
Just got a Lowepro Nova 3 - incredibly small, but I can pack in a whole pile of lenses and kit (K20D+grip+DA17-70, AF360, DA12-24, FA50/1.4, FA80-320 and assorted bits) It's very discrete and comfortable to use! Definitely recommended.
Matt
http://www.mattmatic.co.uk
(For gallery, tips and links)
(For gallery, tips and links)
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


150 posts
17 years
Stafford