Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

Kenko CPL Filters. Anyone using them?

Mike_L_76
Posted 13/10/2011 - 01:57 Link
Anyone else have one? Are they harder to rotate than other CPL filters?

I a 77m Kenko CPL when I bought my DA 16-50mm lens in late August, first time out with it I thought it was unusally stiff and difficult turn(couldn't turn it with just fingers - had to take off the hood and turn it like I was opening a jar). I called the shop and they said it didn't sound usual and that if I sent it back they would send me a replacement. Thanks to the "efficiency" of the Royal Mail my replacement arrived yesterday and it is exactly the same.
carmagw
Posted 13/10/2011 - 08:45 Link
I have a 67mm one and it is stiffer than my Hoya CPL filters. You have to be careful not to unscrew the filter if you turn it anti-clockwise.

My Hoya CPL's are a lot smoother, I have a Kood one which is quite stiff but not as stiff as the Kenko one.

Regards

George
snappychappy
Posted 13/10/2011 - 09:04 Link
Don't use filters rely on photoshop.
pentaxian450
Posted 13/10/2011 - 10:05 Link
snappychappy wrote:

You can't simulate a polarizer in Photoshop.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Mike_L_76
Posted 13/10/2011 - 10:52 Link
carmagw wrote:
I have a 67mm one and it is stiffer than my Hoya CPL filters. You have to be careful not to unscrew the filter if you turn it anti-clockwise.

My Hoya CPL's are a lot smoother, I have a Kood one which is quite stiff but not as stiff as the Kenko one.

Regards

George

Thanks, I was beginner to think the shop sent the same filter back.
Mike_L_76
Posted 13/10/2011 - 10:53 Link
pentaxian450 wrote:
snappychappy wrote:

You can't simulate a polarizer in Photoshop.

Particularly when you're as much of a photoshop muppet as me.
stevejcoe
Posted 13/10/2011 - 12:54 Link
I have a 77mm Kenko Pro 1D fitted to a DA* 16-50 . It is slightly more resitive to turning than a 58mm Kood I use, but it is definitely not stiff.

Regards - Steve
grandadchris6
Posted 13/10/2011 - 13:49 Link
Mike_L_76 wrote:

I a 77m Kenko CPL when I bought my DA 16-50mm lens in late August, first time out with it I thought it was unusally stiff and difficult turn(couldn't turn it with just fingers - had to take off the hood and turn it like I was opening a jar). I called the shop and they said it didn't sound usual and that if I sent it back they would send me a replacement. Thanks to the "efficiency" of the Royal Mail my replacement arrived yesterday and it is exactly the same.

I use a 49mm Kenko PRO1 Digital CPL Filter on my DA 50-200mm and DA 35mm lenses with no problems..
prsjnb
Posted 13/10/2011 - 17:45 Link
I posses a range of polarisers of different size from Hoya, Sigma, Marumi and Kenko and I can't say I've noticed any great difference between them in terms of how difficult they are to rotate.

Jon
Mike_L_76
Posted 14/10/2011 - 06:20 Link
stevejcoe wrote:
I have a 77mm Kenko Pro 1D fitted to a DA* 16-50 . It is slightly more resitive to turning than a 58mm Kood I use, but it is definitely not stiff.

Regards - Steve

prsjnb wrote:
I posses a range of polarisers of different size from Hoya, Sigma, Marumi and Kenko and I can't say I've noticed any great difference between them in terms of how difficult they are to rotate.

Jon

grandadchris6 wrote:
Mike_L_76 wrote:

I use a 49mm Kenko PRO1 Digital CPL Filter on my DA 50-200mm and DA 35mm lenses with no problems..

Starting to think I did get the same filter back Which would explain why the packaging was opened.
simonkit
Posted 14/10/2011 - 21:07 Link
I thought Kenko filters were actually manufactured by Hoya anyway so pretty much the same??

Simon

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.