Kenilworth Panorama

Pentaxophile
Posted 14/08/2010 - 13:06 Link
(I pass this castle twice a day on my day to and from work).

I never had much luck with pano's, they would never merge or blend very well - there was always a blurred area where they didn't quite match. But I recently had a go using the F 35-70mm lens, and PSE7's photostitch, and was surprised to see the results.... I have crawled all over the image at 100%, and can't see a blade of grass out of place!

Either 35mm is a very good 'straight' focal length for pano's, or PSE7 is just much better at merging photos (there did seem to be more options)... or both!

Comment Image


A large version of the image here (warning, it's VERY large :mrgreen:link

Now I'm ready to try this out on some slightly more interesting scenes!
Edited by Pentaxophile: 14/08/2010 - 13:07
Anvh
Posted 14/08/2010 - 19:11 Link
Good pano, it's interesting it isn't that boring because you're missing something in the foreground or any depth at all, I wonder why that is.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo