Elk
Posted 09/08/2010 - 14:49
Link
Shows the animal and it's habitat beautifully, nice capture.
Posted 09/08/2010 - 14:58
Link
getting the animal in the pool of light was very much luck. got a few frames before he scurried off in to the darker forest.
goes to show you don't need a super expensive or super tele to get the wildlife shots...
goes to show you don't need a super expensive or super tele to get the wildlife shots...
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 09/08/2010 - 15:58
Link
Nice shot, the highlights on the horns are fab It's amazing you got so close! No doubt it was all down to your ninja-like stalking skills
Tim
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
AF - Pentax K5, Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Sigma 30/1.4, Sigma 70-200/2.8, Tamron 70-300/4-5.6
MF - Vivitar CF 28/2.8, Tamron AD2 90/2.5, MTO 1000/11
Stuff - Metz 58 AF1, Cactus v4, Nikon SB24, Raynox 150, Sigma 1.4x TC, Sigma 2x TC, Kenko 2x macro TC, Redsnapper 283 tripod, iMac 27, Macbook Pro 17, iPad, iPhone 3G
Flickr Fluidr PPG Street Portfolio site
Feel free to edit any of my posted photos! If I post a photo for critique, I want brutal honesty. If you don't like it, please say so and tell me why!
Posted 09/08/2010 - 17:05
Link
I like this very much. sharp image and the light on the Elk is great.
The deer here in the UK are in 'full antler' mode, just about, so I guess it must be their rut in a month or two; normally a good photo op (if you can avoid getting all the other photographers in the frame...)
Regards
The deer here in the UK are in 'full antler' mode, just about, so I guess it must be their rut in a month or two; normally a good photo op (if you can avoid getting all the other photographers in the frame...)
Regards
Posted 10/08/2010 - 13:38
Link
Lovely shot, but I think the copyright stamp is a bit gaudy
(Sorry, couldn't resist )
(Sorry, couldn't resist )
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 12/08/2010 - 12:16
Link
Well done Don, superb light. Looks like he's still in velvet.
Posted 12/08/2010 - 12:32
Link
My first comment was a little tongue in cheek, but I keep coming back to look at this.
It really is a lovely image.
It really is a lovely image.
Getting there! Thanks to you guys
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Pentax K3ii, Pentax K10d, Kit lens ( 18-55mm ), 50mm f1.7 lens, Tamron 70-300mm lens, Prinzflex 70-162 manual lens, Various old flashes.
Posted 15/08/2010 - 07:37
Link
Father Ted wrote:
My first comment was a little tongue in cheek, but I keep coming back to look at this.
It really is a lovely image.
I thought it was funny!My first comment was a little tongue in cheek, but I keep coming back to look at this.
It really is a lovely image.
Fired many shots. Didn't kill anything.
Posted 15/08/2010 - 09:23
Link
Super!
K.
K.
Kris Lockyear
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
It is an illusion that photos are made with the camera they are made with the eye, heart and head. Henri Cartier-Bresson
Lots of film bodies, a couple of digital ones, too many lenses (mainly older glass) and a Horseman LE 5x4.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


6213 posts
20 years
Winterpeg Manitoba Canada
Shot near Banff with k10 and 16-45mm
yeah I know the © stamp is gaudy,