Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

KatzEye Screens

K10D
Posted 02/08/2011 - 00:13 Link
I'm going to order KatzEye screens for the K7 and K10. Has anyone paid the extra for the OptiBrite version and is there really a difference?

link

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
Edited by K10D: 02/08/2011 - 00:13
Anvh
Posted 02/08/2011 - 18:04 Link
I think that's what Katzeye makes it special or else focusingscreens are cheaper.
The K3 from them are almost the same as the one katzeye use, except for the optibrite coating.
Stefan
Comment Image

K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ
Mike-P
Posted 03/08/2011 - 10:30 Link
No idea but that sig is absolutely ridiculous.
Gwyn
Posted 03/08/2011 - 10:36 Link
Mike-P wrote:

Sorry K10D but I have to agree. What is the point of it?

Article 20 of the Forum T&C btw says:

Quote:

20. Signatures in gallery or forum postings, may only contain your name. Any other information, such as quotes or URLs will be edited by our moderators or one of the Pentax User team. The proper place for this information is on your portfolio page.

Now the mods let us get away with a lot but that signature is just downright annoying - you could fit another half a dozen replies on the screen in the space that takes up.
Algernon
Posted 03/08/2011 - 10:44 Link
Mike-P wrote:

Can't see a Kodak Instamatic in there!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
K10D
Posted 03/08/2011 - 12:38 Link
Just wondered what response it would attract.

Algernon wrote:
Mike-P wrote:

Can't see a Kodak Instamatic in there!

Never a fan of their cameras but the film is good. Had the full kit list gone in with drives, flashes, lights and bags etc, I too would have thought it ridiculous.

Best regards
Inspiration is rarer than a plate glass camera.....
Algernon
Posted 03/08/2011 - 13:10 Link
I think it's ridiculous not having a Kodak Instamatic when you've got all that other gear My old Aunt Maude reckons her Instamatic 126 is the best camera ever made and claims it takes marvellous photographs every time..... she does admit though that they aren't as good as professional would take!
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi
Frogherder
Posted 03/08/2011 - 15:42 Link
Quote:
My old Aunt Maude reckons her Instamatic 126 is the best camera ever made and claims it takes marvellous photographs every time..... she does admit though that they aren't as good as professional would take

Ah but beauty is in the eye of the beholder and like a lot of us the memory is invoked and is always clearer than reality

Bernard

edit
As to Katzeye screens my old film cameras have these (or very similar) as standard - I found them an absolute pain in low light, especially with a telephoto on board and invariably used the surrounding frosted area to determine focus
B
Edited by Frogherder: 03/08/2011 - 15:46

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.