K5-II update
Posted 03/02/2013 - 06:47
Link
Have you read and understood the instructions?
I'm guessing you've copied the .EXE file to the SD card. You need to run it on a PC to extract the .bin file and put that .bin in the root folder of your SD card.
Put SD card in camera, press and hold menu button while switching power on.
The camera will check its installed version against the version on the SD card and you'll have an option to choose whether or not to update it.
I'm guessing you've copied the .EXE file to the SD card. You need to run it on a PC to extract the .bin file and put that .bin in the root folder of your SD card.
Put SD card in camera, press and hold menu button while switching power on.
The camera will check its installed version against the version on the SD card and you'll have an option to choose whether or not to update it.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 03/02/2013 - 09:34
Link
When you run the .exe save the .bin file somewhere other than in downloads. I assign a folder in documents to it, and delete the old updates as necessary.
If you have a problem with the .exe file the .zip file will work on Windows too - but you have to extract the .bin from it then. Most Windows machines will do that automatically.
Then, as Peter says copy the .bin file to the SD card root directory, so straight to the card not into the DCIM file on the card.
If you have a problem with the .exe file the .zip file will work on Windows too - but you have to extract the .bin from it then. Most Windows machines will do that automatically.
Then, as Peter says copy the .bin file to the SD card root directory, so straight to the card not into the DCIM file on the card.
Posted 03/02/2013 - 18:13
Link
Thanks both I will have another go armed with your advice.
I appreciate your help.
I appreciate your help.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


237 posts
15 years
Any advice appreciated thanks.