Visit MPB Visit MPB Visit MPB

K5 Battery Grip Problem

bettyswolloks
Posted 27/11/2012 - 22:24 Link
Hey all, I bought a new genuine grip for my 2s, it arrived this aft. Just fitted It and there seems to be a problem. The half press on the shutter doesn't focus. The af button works as do all the dials, just the half press doesn't work.
Am I missing something before I send it back?
Gutted as I've waited a week for it to land
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Mannesty
Posted 27/11/2012 - 22:43 Link
If it's the shutter button on the grip that's not working as you would expect, but the one on the camera still works correctly, I'd suspect a faulty grip. Check it's electrical connector for damaged/bent pin(s).
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Edited by Mannesty: 27/11/2012 - 22:46
cabstar
Posted 27/11/2012 - 23:16 Link
Nudge the dials on the grip, sometimes they stick between the clicks causing the shutter button tomstopmworking, failing that check non of the pins have gotten stuck..
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography

Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
bettyswolloks
Posted 28/11/2012 - 10:25 Link
Thanx lads, tried giving things a nudge/tap and all seemed to be ok. I have a copy on my K7 so I just swapped them around to check and they both worked as they should! Put them back where they belong and all is well

Thanx lads
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Mannesty
Posted 28/11/2012 - 18:25 Link
Could be a slightly mucky contact on the grip's pins or camera's pads. Perhaps give them a bit of a clean with IPA on a cotton bud so you don't get caught out when you least expect it.

Glad you don't have to return it anyway.
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.