K5 and focus adjustment

gregmoll
Posted 01/01/2011 - 18:59 Link
Seeing as I intend keeping my K5 for ages it'll be worth spending time in getting the various focusing modes set-up as accurately as possible.

These are my thoughts on how to tackle it.
I believe that the most accurate focus indication available is the magnified, manual focus, live view procedure, so every other focus method must be compared back to this setting.

The next step would be to adjust, if necessary, the shims for the split screen focusing screen so that it confirms focus at the same point as live view.

Now setting the AF sensor and indicator hex ??

MANUAL LENSES FOCUS FIRST
I visualise taking my most used manual focus lenses M42,K,A and M mounts and try and find a common Back/Front focus (All lenses) adjustment for them which will activate the focus confirmation hex in synchronisation with the split screen and live view focus points.

AUTO FOCUS LENSES
Having set the base B/F setting above it will be possible to adjust each recognised AF lens individually to match the split screen and the Live View focus.

I'll never achieve perfection but am trying to minimise the error.

Some feedback to clear my mind would be appreciated.

Greg
Edited by gregmoll: 01/01/2011 - 19:01

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo