K5, my first efforts

Cliff-P
Posted 31/12/2011 - 23:26 Link
Managed to get out for an hour this morning in between the heavy showers to try out the new toy, (The Excuses) weather conditions where frankly abysmal! drizzle and very overcast so the light conditions were terrible. (enough said).

So here are the results all taken with the Tamron 70-300.


#1 iso 1600
[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/s33lus.jpg[/IMG]
#2 iso 1600
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/w2iyrk.jpg[/IMG]
#3 iso3200
[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/2583qwz.jpg[/IMG]


Am I pleased with the K5?.....its awesome
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses
fuzion137
Posted 31/12/2011 - 23:41 Link
Nice Tuffted Duck and Coot. You wernt at Attenborough Nature Reserve near Nottingham were you? I got almost exactly the same shots on Thursday
Mat

K-5 with grip, Pentax Kit 18-55mm, Pentax DA 16-45mm, Pentax DA 35mm, Pentax 50mm f/1.7 M, Sigma EX DC 10-20mm, Sigma 105mm macro, Sigma 70-300mm, Sigma 150-500mm
Cliff-P
Posted 01/01/2012 - 00:10 Link
Hi Mat,
Its a place called Eccleston Mere In St helens.

Thanks for your comment.
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses
johnwhit
Posted 01/01/2012 - 10:09 Link
Liking #3 very much, impressive for ISO 3200

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.
Cliff-P
Posted 01/01/2012 - 11:02 Link
Thanks John, The reason I went out in the bad weather yesterday was to test the High ISO capability's of the K5 and I`m impressed, Just wouldn't have got half a chance of a shot with the GX10!.
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses
Edited by Cliff-P: 01/01/2012 - 11:04
johnwhit
Posted 01/01/2012 - 11:05 Link
It's hard to tell from a web sized image, but looks good.

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.
Cliff-P
Posted 01/01/2012 - 11:06 Link
More or less straight out of the camera John, just a tweak in levels and a little sharpen, no noise reduction at all.
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses
Blythman
Posted 01/01/2012 - 12:19 Link
As has already been said #3 shows the capabilities of the K5. Incidentally, its a lovely picture too
Alan


PPG
Flickr
Cliff-P
Posted 01/01/2012 - 14:30 Link
Thanks Alan.

Hopefully I will be able get a lot more out of the K5 when I get my head round it properly!.
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses
HowardJ
Posted 01/01/2012 - 14:56 Link
I too like the third, I hope I can get as good out of my new toy as these.

Sorry Cliff, I'm going to hijack your thread rather than start a new one on the same subject. Hope you don't mind. This is my first real effort with the K5 and 55-300. Taken through the window, the K10 would not have given me anything. I'll be looking to you for some hints.

[IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/Tinywales/K5_tests/pheasant_1.jpg[/IMG]

It's a lot camera to get to know, currently all my settings are on default except for centre focus.

Cheers,

Howard
Cymru Am Byth
Cliff-P
Posted 01/01/2012 - 15:13 Link
You have Pheasant in your back garden? well ain`t you the lucky one

Considering this shot was taken through glass its very good Howard, a little dark down the edges maybe but good detail with the bird, maybe you could clone out that twig or whatever it is across the birds tail!!. What ISO btw?.

I think you might just be waiting for those hints a little longer! you know I`m a slow learner

Howard, has your Pentax camera utility installed ok?
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses
johnwhit
Posted 01/01/2012 - 15:25 Link
Cliff-P wrote:
What ISO btw?.
1600

John
PPG link

In LBA hiatus.
Cliff-P
Posted 01/01/2012 - 15:49 Link
johnwhit wrote:
Cliff-P wrote:
What ISO btw?.
1600

John
On the ball as usual
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses
HowardJ
Posted 01/01/2012 - 17:15 Link
johnwhit wrote:
Cliff-P wrote:
What ISO btw?.
1600

John
Took the words out of my mouth.

I did try one at iso3200 as well.

[IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/Tinywales/birdsandbutterflies/pheasant_at_iso3200.jpg[/IMG]

Must try harder is the phrase they used on my school report

I've not tried to install the software yet. Both these images were jpegs more or less straight out of the camera. Must say I'm impressed with it's high iso capabilities.

So far I'm glad I made the decision to go for the K5.


Cheers,

Howard
Cymru Am Byth
Cliff-P
Posted 01/01/2012 - 18:28 Link
Very acceptable Howard for an image of so high an ISO.

I`m happy you like the K5 as well........seeing as it was me that talked you into it! thats a big relief
Cliff.




My Flickr link
Nikon D750, D7000 , Nikkor 80-400, 70-300 and 18-200 lenses
Edited by Cliff-P: 01/01/2012 - 18:29

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo