K5 - Now's the time...?
Posted 07/01/2013 - 17:58
Link
The K-5 won't be around for very much longer, having been superceded with the K-5 II. If you wait, there will be no offer on the K-5!
Best regards, John
Posted 07/01/2013 - 17:59
Link
This is January - the shops are trying to recover from a relatively poor pre-Xmas trade. In short, take the offer now, but see if they are prepared to negotiate further for cash-in-hand! Don't use a credit/debit card, otherwise you lose the power of your £pound!!
If they won't sell to you for, say, £300 cash, get them to throw a couple of memory cards in to sweeten the deal for you!!
If they won't sell to you for, say, £300 cash, get them to throw a couple of memory cards in to sweeten the deal for you!!
Posted 07/01/2013 - 18:19
Link
Are not better off with a K5ii offer from SRS?
K5iis and a couple of lenses.
Posted 07/01/2013 - 18:36
Link
steven9761 wrote:
Don't use a credit/debit card, otherwise you lose the power of your £pound!!
I thought most retailers disliked cash these days. Costs them too much to process. Debit cards being preferred as the cheapest to accept.Don't use a credit/debit card, otherwise you lose the power of your £pound!!
coker wrote:
Is now the time?
Will waiting improve the "offer"?
Probably your last chance to get a new K-5. But the K-5ii price is edging downwards so waiting would probably get you one of those for the same price as the K-5 is now. They're not that far apart now as it is.
Is now the time?
Will waiting improve the "offer"?
Posted 07/01/2013 - 19:02
Link
Elfer - cash is straight in the shop's bank account, whereas CC/DC transactions takes a couple of days - the difference between staying afloat or going bust in this time of recession, I'm afraid!!
Posted 07/01/2013 - 19:35
Link
Thanks for the thoughts, folks!
K5ii is, on paper, a good thought, but the K5 is a more realistic target, financially, for me for now & the foreseeable future.
From all I've seen from all you K5-ers, the K5 will be a good leap forward for me for the time being!
Wish me luck with domestic negotiations.......
Roger.
K5ii is, on paper, a good thought, but the K5 is a more realistic target, financially, for me for now & the foreseeable future.
From all I've seen from all you K5-ers, the K5 will be a good leap forward for me for the time being!
Wish me luck with domestic negotiations.......
Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Posted 07/01/2013 - 19:41
Link
My resident retail expert says cash makes no difference but is more difficult for refunds. Don't forget there is some buyer protection if you use a credit card for an item more than£100.00
Best regards, John
Posted 07/01/2013 - 19:45
Link
My problem with cash would be the actual delivery of the notes to the shop, which is not near!
Can't take time off work, earning the money to pay for the....etc., etc.
Roger.
Can't take time off work, earning the money to pay for the....etc., etc.
Roger.
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Posted 07/01/2013 - 20:30
Link
linkI have seen SRS listing used k-7 with 12 month warranty on teh bay for £299 so 2nd hand values with no warranty must now be down to around £225-£250ish and can only fall even lower with the k-5 mki dropping in price like a stone of a cliff....
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 07/01/2013 - 20:36
Link
Roger,
I part exchange my Kr for a K5 (before the extra offer) I wouldn't have been able to raise the extra for the K5II anyway.
I was concerned that they'd sell all of the old stock - and it's certainly surpassed my expectations, it's tooooooo good for me, that's a fact.
I think now's the time,
Charlotte
I part exchange my Kr for a K5 (before the extra offer) I wouldn't have been able to raise the extra for the K5II anyway.
I was concerned that they'd sell all of the old stock - and it's certainly surpassed my expectations, it's tooooooo good for me, that's a fact.
I think now's the time,
Charlotte
Posted 07/01/2013 - 21:32
Link
I was originally looking at secondhand K5mk1s, but on becoming aware of SRSs trade-in offer saw it like cabstar. I didn't need to think long to scrape together the extra cash for a shiny new II.
Posted 11/01/2013 - 14:33
Link
K5 ordered from SRS!
Roll-on Monday!!!
The King7 is gone!
Long live the King5!!!!!
Roll-on Monday!!!
The King7 is gone!
Long live the King5!!!!!
The more I look, the more there is to see!
Posted 11/01/2013 - 15:30
Link
Looking at how much SRS are selling the traded in k-5s for, trading in for a new mkii has to be considered a good option.
PPG Wedding photography Flickr
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Concert photography
Currently on a Pentax hiatus until an FF Pentax is released
Posted 12/01/2013 - 20:53
Link
At launch was the time great camera, I can't see what you're waiting for:
Simon
Simon
My website http://www.landscapephotographyuk.com
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
My Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/landscapephotographyuk
Find me on Google+ link
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1547 posts
16 years
Wiltshire
This from an extremely reputable U.K. dealer.
Is now the time?
Will waiting improve the "offer"?
I'm teatering.......!
Any advice, thoughts, reassurance would be appreciated.
Roger.