K5 - Now's the time...?
Posted 14/01/2013 - 22:22
Link
coker wrote:
IT'S ARRIVED!
This season I will be taking photographs mainly with a
K5
Roger.
IT'S ARRIVED!
This season I will be taking photographs mainly with a
K5
Roger.
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Posted 14/01/2013 - 23:00
Link
Roger, you will love it!
The K-5 is such a big advance over the K-7 it is scary.
The K-5 is such a big advance over the K-7 it is scary.
Some Cameras
Posted 15/01/2013 - 16:50
Link
Just ordered a K5IIs from SRS. I've traded in my old Olympus C5060 for their offer - sorry to see it go really as it was my first digital and clocked up 3000+ frames on my round-Britain sailing trip several years back, but in reality it's just been sitting in my cupboard for the last few years.
Now I'll be able to compare the IIs with my K20D, and also hopefully with a friend's Canon 7D.
Now I'll be able to compare the IIs with my K20D, and also hopefully with a friend's Canon 7D.
K5IIs, K10D & ME Super with FA24-90, DA16-85, DA55-300, misc old primes; Olympus EM10 & Panasonic LX15.
Posted 15/01/2013 - 17:08
Link
Hope you're pleased with it, Rog. And that we get a decent summer in which to use our cameras!
Best wishes,
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Andrew
"These places mean something and it's the job of a photographer to figure-out what the hell it is."
Robert Adams
"The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE."
Ernst Hass
My website: http://www.ephotozine.com/user/bwlchmawr-199050
http://s927.photobucket.com/home/ADC3440/index
https://www.flickr.com/photos/78898196@N05
Posted 16/01/2013 - 11:02
Link
johnriley wrote:
The K-5 won't be around for very much longer, having been superceded with the K-5 II. If you wait, there will be no offer on the K-5!
Cant keep up with all this technology.
The K-5 won't be around for very much longer, having been superceded with the K-5 II. If you wait, there will be no offer on the K-5!
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 16/01/2013 - 11:07
Link
simonkit wrote:
At launch was the time great camera, I can't see what you're waiting for:
Simon
Hi can I add you as a friend on Facebook please?
At launch was the time great camera, I can't see what you're waiting for:
Simon
Always be kind to people
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Photographs-by-an-angel/262352847143059
link
Posted 16/01/2013 - 12:20
Link
Stanovich wrote:
Just ordered a K5IIs from SRS. I've traded in my old Olympus C5060 for their offer - sorry to see it go really as it was my first digital and clocked up 3000+ frames on my round-Britain sailing trip several years back, but in reality it's just been sitting in my cupboard for the last few years.
Now I'll be able to compare the IIs with my K20D, and also hopefully with a friend's Canon 7D.
our in for a real treat
Just ordered a K5IIs from SRS. I've traded in my old Olympus C5060 for their offer - sorry to see it go really as it was my first digital and clocked up 3000+ frames on my round-Britain sailing trip several years back, but in reality it's just been sitting in my cupboard for the last few years.
Now I'll be able to compare the IIs with my K20D, and also hopefully with a friend's Canon 7D.
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Posted 16/01/2013 - 23:45
Link
johnriley wrote:
My resident retail expert says cash makes no difference but is more difficult for refunds. Don't forget there is some buyer protection if you use a credit card for an item more than£100.00
Especially relevant given the recent news about Jessops (ps: haha)My resident retail expert says cash makes no difference but is more difficult for refunds. Don't forget there is some buyer protection if you use a credit card for an item more than£100.00
Edit: With my usual sense of timing on forums I see the OP has already bought his K5. Ah well!
Posted 19/01/2013 - 10:12
Link
Credit card and I think some debit card transactions can cost the seller about 3%...I would have thought cash was more attractive in a negotiation.
K20D
MZ 50
Pentax lenses....DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ....F 35-80 f4-5.6....DA 18-250 f3.5-6.3....F 100-300 f4.5-5.6, D FA Macro 100 WR f2.8.
Centon mirror lens 500mm.
Pentax Flash ....AF 360FGZ
JVC 3ccd GZ MC 500EK camcorder
MZ 50
Pentax lenses....DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM ....F 35-80 f4-5.6....DA 18-250 f3.5-6.3....F 100-300 f4.5-5.6, D FA Macro 100 WR f2.8.
Centon mirror lens 500mm.
Pentax Flash ....AF 360FGZ
JVC 3ccd GZ MC 500EK camcorder
Posted 19/01/2013 - 10:43
Link
Quote:
Credit card and I think some debit card transactions can cost the seller about 3%...I would have thought cash was more attractive in a negotiation
For an individual it might be, but it still has to be declared and tax paid.Credit card and I think some debit card transactions can cost the seller about 3%...I would have thought cash was more attractive in a negotiation
The fee gives security (mostly) against counterfeit notes and the need to shift large amounts of cash. There are costs to companies dealing with cash and electronic methods may actually be cheaper.
Best regards, John
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1547 posts
16 years
Wiltshire
This season I will be taking photographs mainly with a
K5
Roger.