K30D with an APS-H?
Posted 11/11/2008 - 15:49
Link
There was a rumour before the K20D came out that IT would be an APS-H sensor too.
I think we all just have to wait and see. Gives us something to look forward too in spring maybe.
Or not if like me you have just got the K20D and can't afford another upgrade if upgrade it will be.
I think we all just have to wait and see. Gives us something to look forward too in spring maybe.
Or not if like me you have just got the K20D and can't afford another upgrade if upgrade it will be.
Posted 11/11/2008 - 15:52
Link
Anvh wrote:
My only concern is how the DA lenses will perform on it? Some DA work quite well on full-frame but others are useless because of virginity
And we don't want that to happen,right? Would be a shame if Pentax got scr*w*d by some DA lenses and would lose it.My only concern is how the DA lenses will perform on it? Some DA work quite well on full-frame but others are useless because of virginity
I'll guess you meant vignetting.
But of course I could be seeing things also
Martin.
Posted 11/11/2008 - 18:12
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Ahhhhh, Youngsters. So preoccupied by certain things in life
Malo1961 wrote:
I'll guess you meant vignetting.
Martin.
Ahhh, it all becomes clear now I'll guess you meant vignetting.
Martin.
Posted 11/11/2008 - 18:14
Link
Just as a matter of interest why is FF the holy grail?
Mike
Mike
Posted 11/11/2008 - 18:19
Link
Can you summarise it then?
Posted 11/11/2008 - 18:25
Link
Well that was a substantial read and mixed.
Mike
Mike
Posted 11/11/2008 - 18:26
Link
It isn't, not for me that is. But if you own a lot of old quality glass (wide angles) you might want one. personally I like the Nikon D3 approach. Best of both worlds, in one camera. But to be honest, I think the market has made its choice, already.
There has been to much invested in the development of DA lenses, to start up a new line of FF lenses. Even Nikon and Canon are forced to rebuild their FF lens line, because a lot of their pre digital glass wasn't up to match the newest high resolution sensors. So Pentax better invest in expanding their DA glass. I don't think they can afford otherwise.
Just my 2 cnts,
Martin.
There has been to much invested in the development of DA lenses, to start up a new line of FF lenses. Even Nikon and Canon are forced to rebuild their FF lens line, because a lot of their pre digital glass wasn't up to match the newest high resolution sensors. So Pentax better invest in expanding their DA glass. I don't think they can afford otherwise.
Just my 2 cnts,
Martin.
Posted 11/11/2008 - 18:29
Link
Malo1961 wrote:
It isn't, not for me that is. But if you own a lot of old quality glass (wide angles) you might want one. personally I like the Nikon D3 approach. Best of both worlds, in one camera.
Martin.
Someone told me that the D700 also does this but it drops to a 5mp output .. is this correct and is it the same for the D3?
It isn't, not for me that is. But if you own a lot of old quality glass (wide angles) you might want one. personally I like the Nikon D3 approach. Best of both worlds, in one camera.
Martin.
Posted 11/11/2008 - 18:33
Link
The principle is the same I think, But I believe Nikon leaves you with a bit more MP when you use DX lenses. Not sure about the amount, though.
Martin.
Martin.
Posted 11/11/2008 - 21:11
Link
mikew wrote:
Just as a matter of interest why is FF the holy grail?
Mike
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh
Just as a matter of interest why is FF the holy grail?
Mike
Hyram
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Bodies: K20D (2), K10D, Super A, ME Super, Auto 110 SLR, X70, Optio P70
Pentax Glass: DA* 300, DA* 60-250, DA* 50-135, DA* 16-50, DA 70 Ltd, FA 31 Ltd, DA 35 Ltd, DA 18-55 (2), DA 12-24, DA 10-17, M 200, A 35-70, M 40, M 28, Converter-A 2X-S, 1.4X-S, AF 1.7, Pentax-110 50, Pentax-110 24
Other Glass: Sigma 105 macro, Sigma-A APO 75-300
Flash: Metz 58 AF-1 P, Pentax AF160FC ringflash, Pentax AF280T
Posted 11/11/2008 - 22:14
Link
Mike-P wrote:
Both the D3 and D700 (Nikon) drop to 5 megapixel when using lenses designed for APS-C sensor.
Malo1961 wrote:
It isn't, not for me that is. But if you own a lot of old quality glass (wide angles) you might want one. personally I like the Nikon D3 approach. Best of both worlds, in one camera.
Martin.
Someone told me that the D700 also does this but it drops to a 5mp output .. is this correct and is it the same for the D3?It isn't, not for me that is. But if you own a lot of old quality glass (wide angles) you might want one. personally I like the Nikon D3 approach. Best of both worlds, in one camera.
Martin.
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


10412 posts
18 years
Dordrecht,
the Netherlands
My only concern is how the DA lenses will perform on it? Some DA work quite well on full-frame but others are useless because of virginity link.
It’s quite interesting to see that the newer lenses DA 35mm Ltd, DA 55-300mm, DA* 200mm & DA* 300mm should be able to work on it. Maybe I’m seeing things now
It’s like I said a rumor but what are your thoughts about an APS-H sensor, would it work for pentax?
K10D, K5
DA* 16-50, DA* 50-135, D-FA 100 Macro, DA 40 Ltd, DA 18-55
AF-540FGZ