K3 offer

philstaff
Posted 02/03/2015 - 22:53 Link
Dave-L
Posted 03/03/2015 - 01:43 Link
Grey importers.
K3/K5/10-17fisheye/15mmDA Ltd/18-55WR/55-300DA/100DFAMacroWR/50F1.4M/200F4M/DA*200F2.8/DA*300F4/DA*50-135/DA*60-250/Mitsuki 400F5.6/others.
Posted 03/03/2015 - 01:46 Link
buyer beware ,I think,.........
K10D
Posted 03/03/2015 - 04:08 Link
According to their contact details:

Unit 17 - 336 Kennington Lane - London - SE11 5HY

which is MAILBOXESETC.???

Maybe unit 17 is in someones appartment upstairs.

Google street view says it all.

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
bettyswolloks
Posted 03/03/2015 - 08:14 Link
The Owner/Director of my place of work use's them to get our gear, so far this year that includes
1 Nikon D810 1Nikon D750 and 2 Canon 5dMK3s..
His tail is wagging at the fact that they have the new canon 5D things listed.
He recommends the place.
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Posted 03/03/2015 - 08:19 Link
On their own facebook page, the most recent 3 out of 3 posts to the page don't inspire much confidence...
https://www.facebook.com/slrhut.co.uk
K10D
Posted 03/03/2015 - 09:57 Link
bettyswolloks wrote:
The Owner/Director of my place of work use's them to get our gear, so far this year that includes
1 Nikon D810 1Nikon D750 and 2 Canon 5dMK3s..
His tail is wagging at the fact that they have the new canon 5D things listed.
He recommends the place.
Does he visit their address?

Best regards
Too far from a shore.
fritzthedog
Posted 03/03/2015 - 12:22 Link
Only £5 more from Hong Kong based "Onestop digital" @ £523.99 - including shipping - which makes it £125 cheaper than any price I can find from a UK based retailer

link

I have bought a number of items over the past few years from these guys - always excellent service. They guarantee to refund any VAT or import duties you may be charged - and the guarantee is genuine - I have claimed twice and received a full refund of the charges in both cases.

They give a 12 month warranty and even cover shipping costs to and from HK for warranty repairs.

If price is the key consideration - and you accept that it is not quite as convenient as using a UK based retailer (and no 3 year pro dealer warranty) - these guys take some beating IME

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
wvbarnes
Posted 03/03/2015 - 12:33 Link
The UK Pro warranty is two years. I paid £599 for my K3 from SRS. I note that in the USA they charge for extended warranties. It depends on what value you place on that extension, its validity and keeping some dealer network in the UK.

I was intrigued a few years back when Sigma wouldn't allow me their extended warranty on a lens they said was 'grey' from Microglobe labelled in packaging when i got it as from Germany. So much for the single market. Ironic too given most UK stuff comes from manufacturers EU warehouses these days anyway even though it is listed as UK stock.
fritzthedog
Posted 03/03/2015 - 14:37 Link
wvbarnes wrote:
The UK Pro warranty is two years. I paid £599 for my K3 from SRS..
Apologies for the typo - I meant 2 years warranty not 3

That was a great price from SRS Bill - currently they are quoting £769

Carl
No matter how many lenses I have owned - I have always needed just one more
stu62
Posted 03/03/2015 - 14:50 Link
camera center uk are selling the k3 silver premium for a penny short of £800
regards stu
wvbarnes
Posted 03/03/2015 - 15:15 Link
It was £779 less £80 at till less £100 extra trade in refund at the time of my deal. Base price seems to go up and down. I guess to compete with competition listings on Google (other search engines available) Fabulous camera by the way after my K5 which spoilt me before that for three years. I actually paid £374 after trade.

fritzthedog wrote:
wvbarnes wrote:
The UK Pro warranty is two years. I paid £599 for my K3 from SRS..
Apologies for the typo - I meant 2 years warranty not 3

That was a great price from SRS Bill - currently they are quoting £769

Carl
ilovesaabs
Posted 03/03/2015 - 18:43 Link
Sounds like they are by Fixation
AKA Welshwizard/PWynneJ
Assorted Pentax/Nikon/Mamiya stuff

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo