K3 III Eyecup Replacement
Posted 02/07/2023 - 04:39
Link
I'm not sure that the replacement is an original K-3 one
The K-3 has the diopter adjust in the exact same spot as the K3-3.
The K-3 has the diopter adjust in the exact same spot as the K3-3.
All the gear with no idea
Posted 03/07/2023 - 11:20
Link
HarisF1 wrote:
I'm not sure that the replacement is an original K-3 one
The K-3 has the diopter adjust in the exact same spot as the K3-3.
I agree. The original eyecup on my my (original) K-3 doesn't look like that.
I'm not sure that the replacement is an original K-3 one
The K-3 has the diopter adjust in the exact same spot as the K3-3.
Posted 03/07/2023 - 23:47
Link
No. the K3 one doesn't have that slot up against the body - it isn't needed. That's a K5 eyecup I think.
Posted 04/07/2023 - 12:53
Link
Yeah, I was thinking K-x, or something else where the dioptre adjustment is via a slider on the top of the eyepiece.
Posted 04/07/2023 - 15:58
Link
Sorry about going off topic, OP!
I think I'd replace mine with whatever is cheapest, even if it looks a little odd. Good find
I think I'd replace mine with whatever is cheapest, even if it looks a little odd. Good find
All the gear with no idea
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


1 posts
16 years
After less than six months of light use, the eyecup on my K3-3 tore. This is most probably just from moving the camera in and out of a camera bag.
Replacements are scarce and often prohibitively expensive, due to "postage" to Australia.
I tried the eyecup from my original and K3 and it fits. The only thing is the diopter adjustment was moved on the K3-3 but it just means a small gap along the top edge of the eyecup. No light interferes with the sight picture through the viewfinder.
Anyway, just putting it there for anyone else with a damaged K3-3 eyecup. They can use the original K3 eyecup.