K3 II Review out

jules

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 05:27
http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/pentax_k3_ii_review/

Improved AF Mike P!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com

jules

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 06:25
Even if they did get the focus system name wrong!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”...Ansel Adams

Trubshore

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 15:22
They also say that the pop up flash works well indoors with no red eye.Thats suprising.

jules

Link Posted 23/06/2015 - 17:22
Yeah, perhaps they should have actually used one!
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

kea828

Link Posted 25/06/2015 - 18:41
There is also a review of the K3 II on Imaging Resource.
Regards,
Kea828

jules

Link Posted 30/06/2015 - 05:36
kea828 wrote:
There is also a review of the K3 II on Imaging Resource.

Be good too, when it's finished, I like IR reviews, they seem to hit the right note...
Cheers Jules...
tri-elmar-fudd

Back in the room!

Pentaxonian

Link Posted 03/07/2015 - 13:22
Ken Rockwell first Pentax DSLR review

http://www.kenrockwell.com/pentax/k3-ii.htm
K5iis and a couple of lenses.

Mike-P

Link Posted 03/07/2015 - 14:40
Pentaxonian wrote:
Ken Rockwell first Pentax DSLR review

http://www.kenrockwell.com/pentax/k3-ii.htm

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel if they gave one to him for review.
No equipment list here but thanks for taking an interest. My Flickr

McGregNi

Link Posted 03/07/2015 - 14:41
Ken Rockwell huh ... ? I wouldn't even credit that bizarre rambling with the title 'review' ! It's riddled with the most ludicrous contradictions and prejudices .....

So, the image output he sees from the Pentax is BETTER than he's seen from the Sony A7 ....oh, but not as good as Canon and Nikon (aps-c) models in the same price bracket as the Pentax

It's clear that he's seeing and feeling a great camera (from what he reports) .... There's some fair commentary on specific features , such as pixel-shift, even AF features which I can accept as fair. But he ruins it by revealing a lack of knowledge when praising manual focus aids .... such as the viewfinder points and hexagon ...... But totally missed Focus Peaking !

And the recommendation from that ...? Don't use your old manual lenses because you'll just end up wanting autofocus and then have to move to another system!?!? And that's after he heaped praise on Pentax for its great legacy lens support (auto-exposure in the A position etc) ... But despite being so great we just won't want it

It's when he gets into conclusion and recommendation mode that he just so loses the plot ... And any chance of credibility or being taken seriously at all. Sorry Ken Rockwell, you better go back to school .... To learn about Pentax cameras AND how to write about cameras.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

Algernon

Link Posted 03/07/2015 - 16:04
Just the name Ken Rockwell causes my PC to crash

Even Depressing Review don't like his stuff......

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3866892

--
Half Man... Half Pentax ... Half Cucumber

Pentax K-1 + K-5 and some other stuff

Algi

WobblyGoblin

Link Posted 03/07/2015 - 16:12
McGregNi wrote:
Ken Rockwell huh ... ? I wouldn't even credit that bizarre rambling with the title 'review' ! It's riddled with the most ludicrous contradictions and prejudices .....

The first time you've visited his site?

I find the guy and his site baffling. If you want to read blatant Canikon propaganda and hyperbole it is great. If you want reviews and considered opinion it is not the place to look.
You will only prise my 43Ltd from my cold, dead hands...

McGregNi

Link Posted 03/07/2015 - 17:32
Algernon wrote:
.... Even Depressing Review don't like his stuff.....

Thanks, I enjoyed looking through some of those comments .... glad to see my own expressions about Ken Rockwells 'review' are relatively moderate ! I agree with some on DPreview there about his 'keyboard vomitus' being designed as kind of 'shock and awe' tactic .... I can only assume its to play to some hard core in-house audience of devotees.
My Guides to the Pentax Digital Camera Flash Lighting System : Download here from the PentaxForums Homepage Article .... link
Pentax K7 with BG-4 Grip / Samyang 14mm f2.8 ED AS IF UMC / DA18-55mm f3.5-5.6 AL WR / SMC A28mm f2.8 / D FA 28-105mm / SMC F35-70 f3.5-4.5 / SMC A50mm f1.7 / Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD macro / SMC M75-150mm f4.0 / Tamron Adaptall (CT-135) 135mm f2.8 / Asahi Takumar-A 2X tele-converter / Pentax AF-540FGZ (I & II) Flashes / Cactus RF60/X Flashes & V6/V6II Transceiver

Conqueror

Link Posted 03/07/2015 - 22:19
hmm the mk2 is based on the mk1 Ken ...

http://www.tipa.com/awards-en/pentax-k-3
K-3ii
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.