K3 firmware update...
Posted 19/12/2013 - 16:20
Link
miles500 wrote:
I have just updated using a 1 mB card. It is so easy using a card - just drop the extracted bin file onto the card ( not the DCIM folder)and Bob's your uncle.
how did you get a 16Mb file on a 1Mb card?
I have just updated using a 1 mB card. It is so easy using a card - just drop the extracted bin file onto the card ( not the DCIM folder)and Bob's your uncle.
[i]Bodies: 1x K-5IIs, 2x K-5, Sony TX-5, Nokia 808
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Lenses: Pentax DA 10-17mm ED(IF) Fish Eye, Pentax DA 14mm f/2.8, Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8, Pentax-A 28mm f/2.8, Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.2, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-FA 50mm f/1.4, Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7, Pentax DA* 50-135mm f/2.8, Sigma 135-400mm APO DG, and more ..
Flash: AF-540FGZ, Vivitar 283
Posted 19/12/2013 - 17:27
Link
I think Megs and Gigs are being used interchangeably here but We know what they all meant!
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 19/12/2013 - 17:32
Link
jules wrote:
I think Megs and Gigs are being used interchangeably here but We know what they all meant!
Well like you say Jules, most of us knew and helped him out best we could.
I think Megs and Gigs are being used interchangeably here but We know what they all meant!
One day you'll find, 10yrs have got behind you.
Posted 19/12/2013 - 17:38
Link
jules wrote:
I think Megs and Gigs are being used interchangeably here but We know what they all meant!
Not just that but mill and Mega, bits and Bytes.I think Megs and Gigs are being used interchangeably here but We know what they all meant!
The standard convention is easy.
m - milli (one thousandth)
M - Mega (on Million)
b - bit (s)
B - Byte (s)
Data volumes are measured in Bytes or multiples - B, kB, MB, GB, TB
Data speeds are (in general) measured in bits per second. - bps, kbps, Mbps.
Units such as mb (milli bit) and mB (milli Byte) tend not not exist in normal situations.
Posted 19/12/2013 - 18:31
Link
Cheers Jules for the heads up.
Regards, Tom
K-1ii,K-3iii's.
SMC PENTAX-F 1:2.8 28mm, HD Pentax-D FA* 1:1.4 50mm SDM AW,
SMC PENTAX-D FA MACRO 1:2.8 100mm WR,
SMC PENTAX-DA* 1:4 300mm ED [IF] SDM,
SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:4 600mm IF & ED,
HD PENTAX -DA 1.4x AW AF REAR CONVERTER,
Pentax Photo Gallery
K-1ii,K-3iii's.
SMC PENTAX-F 1:2.8 28mm, HD Pentax-D FA* 1:1.4 50mm SDM AW,
SMC PENTAX-D FA MACRO 1:2.8 100mm WR,
SMC PENTAX-DA* 1:4 300mm ED [IF] SDM,
SMC PENTAX-FA* 1:4 600mm IF & ED,
HD PENTAX -DA 1.4x AW AF REAR CONVERTER,
Pentax Photo Gallery
Posted 19/12/2013 - 20:06
Link
caj26 wrote:
It says under preparation of update, 32 mb card or more.I don't have a 32mb card only 16.Do you need a card in the camera if you update attached to the computer?
Your confusing 32Mb with 32Gb !!It says under preparation of update, 32 mb card or more.I don't have a 32mb card only 16.Do you need a card in the camera if you update attached to the computer?
you have a 16GB card it will hold roughly 500 firmware images
Posted 19/12/2013 - 20:25
Link
Thanks Jules.
I'm pleased it's done though, upgrades always make me nervous.
I'm pleased it's done though, upgrades always make me nervous.
Barrie - Too Old To Die Young
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/barrieforbes
https://www.flickr.com/photos/189482630@N03/
Posted 19/12/2013 - 21:43
Link
awaldram wrote:
you have a 16GB card it will hold roughly 500 firmware images
Yes . Thanks with help, I have updated now!
caj26 wrote:
It says under preparation of update, 32 mb card or more.I don't have a 32mb card only 16.Do you need a card in the camera if you update attached to the computer?
Your confusing 32Mb with 32Gb !!It says under preparation of update, 32 mb card or more.I don't have a 32mb card only 16.Do you need a card in the camera if you update attached to the computer?
you have a 16GB card it will hold roughly 500 firmware images
Posted 20/12/2013 - 07:37
Link
I'll first to comment on the post firmware upgrade, placebo effect:
My K3 has transformed into an Imperial Deathstar!
My K3 has transformed into an Imperial Deathstar!
Cheers Jules...
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
My viewfinder is 576,000,000 pixels.
My other viewfinder is 5.76,000,000.
www.exaggeratedperspectives.com
Posted 20/12/2013 - 10:04
Link
jules wrote:
My K3 has transformed into an Imperial Deathstar!
I always knew there was a Darklord among us.shock:
My K3 has transformed into an Imperial Deathstar!
Yves (another one of those crazy Canucks)
Posted 20/12/2013 - 11:27
Link
Smeggypants wrote:
Apologies - I meant to say 1GB.
miles500 wrote:
I have just updated using a 1 mB card. It is so easy using a card - just drop the extracted bin file onto the card ( not the DCIM folder)and Bob's your uncle.
how did you get a 16Mb file on a 1Mb card?I have just updated using a 1 mB card. It is so easy using a card - just drop the extracted bin file onto the card ( not the DCIM folder)and Bob's your uncle.
Miles
Posted 20/12/2013 - 13:22
Link
I see confusion still reigneth between Megabytes (MB) and Gigabytes (GB) (finger trouble?). Unless its an absolutely ancient SD card or one sometimes supplied by the camera manufacturer size will normally be in Gigabytes. Smallest size currently buyable as far as I can see is 2 GB which is still needed by some older compacts. I have 1 GB still in my possession. So far the smallest magabyte card I have seen is 16 MB which came which came (I think) with my Canon G12 compact.
Any way more's the point: are there any noticeable positive changes in the operation of the K3 after updating the firmware?
Any way more's the point: are there any noticeable positive changes in the operation of the K3 after updating the firmware?
Posted 20/12/2013 - 19:56
Link
LochNess wrote:
So far the smallest magabyte card I have seen is 16 MB which came which came (I think) with my Canon G12 compact.
You must have been a late starter - I've got an 8mb Panasonic one
So far the smallest magabyte card I have seen is 16 MB which came which came (I think) with my Canon G12 compact.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


421 posts
15 years
Leicester
K1 II|K3|DA10-17|DA*16-50|FA31|DA*50-135|DA*200|DA*300|Sigma 150-500