K20D Focus Mode Lever Question
Posted 15/03/2011 - 20:28
Link
Hi Chris,
I've noticed that as well on my K20D. Therefore, by extrapolating by the power of two example, it is normal
The clicking is more distinct though when reverting from manual focus to AF.C. Smooth shift between single and continuous and back.
Regards,
Lucian
I've noticed that as well on my K20D. Therefore, by extrapolating by the power of two example, it is normal
The clicking is more distinct though when reverting from manual focus to AF.C. Smooth shift between single and continuous and back.
Regards,
Lucian
Posted 15/03/2011 - 20:32
Link
The click is probably the focus drive pin engaging.
Best regards, John
Posted 15/03/2011 - 21:10
Link
Quote:
The clicking is more distinct though when reverting from manual focus to AF.C. Smooth shift between single and continuous and back.
Regards,
Lucian
That's what I've noticed too.The clicking is more distinct though when reverting from manual focus to AF.C. Smooth shift between single and continuous and back.
Regards,
Lucian
Thank you both for the information.
Regards, Chris.
Posted 16/03/2011 - 15:09
Link
johnriley wrote:
The click is probably the focus drive pin engaging.
John has it.The click is probably the focus drive pin engaging.
The focus-shaft disengage when you set the camera on manual focus, so when you go back to AF your here the shaft clicking when it engage.
Posted 20/03/2011 - 14:33
Link
That is normal for all Pentax DSLRs with the same switch.
When I first got the K10D I found it all too easy to move the switch from AF-S to AF-C without intending it. I bought the grip to move my fingers away from the switch and no more problems.
So the first accessory I got for my K7 was a grip.
When I first got the K10D I found it all too easy to move the switch from AF-S to AF-C without intending it. I bought the grip to move my fingers away from the switch and no more problems.
So the first accessory I got for my K7 was a grip.
Posted 21/03/2011 - 20:20
Link
There is a click on my switch on every move.
Bill
K5+Bigma+BushHawk Shoulderpod.
K5+16-50DA* + 10-17DA Fisheye + 50-135DA* + Sigma 70mm Macro + DA35 2.4..
Slik Pro 700DX tripod.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixellie/
K5+Bigma+BushHawk Shoulderpod.
K5+16-50DA* + 10-17DA Fisheye + 50-135DA* + Sigma 70mm Macro + DA35 2.4..
Slik Pro 700DX tripod.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/pixellie/
Posted 22/03/2011 - 16:40
Link
So....some K20D's click and some don't, how strange.
Click or no click mine works fine when changing to AF.C - the 'smooth no click way'.
I must admit thought that I did keep checking the lever hadn't moved off AF.C while I was photographing the Autograss meeting at Darley Moor.
Regards, Chris.
Click or no click mine works fine when changing to AF.C - the 'smooth no click way'.
I must admit thought that I did keep checking the lever hadn't moved off AF.C while I was photographing the Autograss meeting at Darley Moor.
Regards, Chris.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



285 posts
15 years
Derby ( UK )
Can any K20D owners please answer me the following question.
When you move the focus mode lever should there be a 'click' between each focus mode?
The reason I ask is because I have bought a gripped K20D off a guy at work at a price I just couldn't refuse.
When I move the lever from AF.S to AF.C the lever moves between the 2 modes smoothly ( no 'click' between the 2 modes ) but when I move the lever from AF.C to M there's a 'click'.
On my GX10 and K7 there's a 'click' between each focus mode.
Regards, Chris.