K200D IR conversion?

flat4
Posted 22/04/2012 - 12:19 Link
Hello,

I am interestedi in converting my K200d to dedicated IR camera. That would include removing the hot filter from the sensor and replacing it with a IR pass filter, such as IR720. Since I can't get it done here in Slovenia, where I come from, I started wondering if I could order a kit somewhere to convert it by myself. Does anybody here know where I could order such kit?
Would I be better off buying an already converted camera and selling mine?

P.S. I already have tried IR lens filters with my K-5 and it gives good, but still average results...

Thank you for your opinions and replies.

Regards, Luka
Link to my PPG
pmcquail
Posted 22/04/2012 - 13:00 Link
I have my K200 in for conversion at ACS (link) at the moment.

Might be worth talking to them about the options, they're very helpful.
K5, K200d (IR @ 720NM), X-5

Add Comment

To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



Proudly supporting Pentax User

Samsung Logo Asahi Pentax Logo