K200 vs D60
Posted 18/11/2008 - 15:33
Link
@hefty1
It was indeed marked as k-m though on the web I found it referred as K2000 and hence refered it the same..
thanks for your concern...
cheers
Aj
It was indeed marked as k-m though on the web I found it referred as K2000 and hence refered it the same..
thanks for your concern...
cheers
Aj
Posted 18/11/2008 - 15:40
Link
That's OK then.
They really are very new so you'll struggle to find many hands-on reviews so far, but a pre-production preview can be found over at DPR which goes through all the various features.
If you buy it let us know - I think you'll probably be the first on this forum!
They really are very new so you'll struggle to find many hands-on reviews so far, but a pre-production preview can be found over at DPR which goes through all the various features.
If you buy it let us know - I think you'll probably be the first on this forum!
Joining the Q
Posted 18/11/2008 - 15:46
Link
But it does not have all the functionalities as the K200D...
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 18/11/2008 - 18:28
Link
From that DPReview preview it looks like it only has a digital preview function, not an optical DOF preview. Could be wrong though.
Sorry for all the 'previews'!
Dan
Sorry for all the 'previews'!
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 18/11/2008 - 19:15
Link
Not having a Optical DOF preview is a serious disadvantage...
may be I should stick with k200d choice and order one pronto
Thanks Daniel...
R
Ajex
may be I should stick with k200d choice and order one pronto
Thanks Daniel...
R
Ajex
Daniel Bridge wrote:
From that DPReview preview it looks like it only has a digital preview function, not an optical DOF preview. Could be wrong though.
Sorry for all the 'previews'!
Dan
From that DPReview preview it looks like it only has a digital preview function, not an optical DOF preview. Could be wrong though.
Sorry for all the 'previews'!
Dan
Posted 18/11/2008 - 19:23
Link
...but I could be wrong! Just make sure you check it out. It's definitely something I wouldn't want to be without.
I think I would go for (out of the two) the K200D, as I like bigger cameras and you can get a grip for this model. This deal just looks unbeatable to me.
Dan
I think I would go for (out of the two) the K200D, as I like bigger cameras and you can get a grip for this model. This deal just looks unbeatable to me.
Dan
K-3, a macro lens and a DA*300mm...
Posted 18/11/2008 - 19:57
Link
@daniel and all..
Thanks..
How about this offer from RGB tech
http://www.rgb-tech.co.uk/product/1583
Are they any good???
cheers
Ajex
Thanks..
How about this offer from RGB tech
http://www.rgb-tech.co.uk/product/1583
Are they any good???
cheers
Ajex
Posted 18/11/2008 - 20:17
Link
hefty1 wrote:
If you buy it let us know - I think you'll probably be the first on this forum!
Too late . We've had our K-m for a couple of weeks, as mentioned in another thread. The DoF preview is digital only. It's a nice camera and would take good pictures, if only my partner and I were decent photographers
If you buy it let us know - I think you'll probably be the first on this forum!
Posted 18/11/2008 - 20:52
Link
Hi,
K200d .....
Has any one else faced this problem reported by one user on dp review..
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinion_text.asp?prodkey=pentax_k200d&opini...
cheers
Ajex
K200d .....
Has any one else faced this problem reported by one user on dp review..
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinion_text.asp?prodkey=pentax_k200d&opini...
cheers
Ajex
Posted 18/11/2008 - 22:23
Link
ajex wrote:
Hi,
K200d .....
Has any one else faced this problem reported by one user on dp review..
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinion_text.asp?prodkey=pentax_k200d&opini...
cheers
Ajex
Enlighten us. What problem?
Hi,
K200d .....
Has any one else faced this problem reported by one user on dp review..
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/read_opinion_text.asp?prodkey=pentax_k200d&opini...
cheers
Ajex
Peter E Smith - flickr Photostream
Posted 18/11/2008 - 22:49
Link
The reviewer says he cannot read Pentax' RAW format in Lightroom. Well, I have no problems reading PEF in Photoshop Elements 6.
He also states the autofocus has problems in certain light conditions. All it takes, really, is a contrasty part to focus on. Easily done with some practice, imho.
All in all, I found the review rather positive for the K200D.
He also states the autofocus has problems in certain light conditions. All it takes, really, is a contrasty part to focus on. Easily done with some practice, imho.
All in all, I found the review rather positive for the K200D.
Best regards
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Terry
K20D, Optio I10, DA 18-55 1:3.5-5.6 AL II, A 1:1.7/50, D FA 1:2.8/100 Macro, Sigma 70-300 1:4-5.6 APO DG Macro, Pentax AF 360FGZ
Posted 19/11/2008 - 03:01
Link
I had no problems with the Pentax RAW (PEF) from the K10D in lightroom 1 & 2
There aren't to my knowledge diferent versions of the PEF format so PEF from K200D should work with it. It seems there was a problem that it didn't supported the K200D and K20D when it was just new link Shouldn't be a problem any more
There aren't to my knowledge diferent versions of the PEF format so PEF from K200D should work with it. It seems there was a problem that it didn't supported the K200D and K20D when it was just new link Shouldn't be a problem any more
Posted 19/11/2008 - 06:37
Link
ajex wrote:
@daniel and all..
Thanks Anvh and Terhe-I..
The decision is made..
Daniel and all,
How about this offer from RGB tech,its the cheapest as per camera price buster
http://www.rgb-tech.co.uk/product/1583
Are they any good???
cheers
Ajex
@daniel and all..
Thanks Anvh and Terhe-I..
The decision is made..
Daniel and all,
How about this offer from RGB tech,its the cheapest as per camera price buster
http://www.rgb-tech.co.uk/product/1583
Are they any good???
cheers
Ajex
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



4018 posts
19 years
Buckinghamshire,
UK
Although the cameras are identical in all but name, if the one you saw was a grey import then you may find that any manufacturer warranty is invalid.