k200 v k20d
Posted 02/01/2009 - 20:24
Link
Have to be honest and say I'm not sure what the price difference is between the two but they are both excellent cameras and are more than capable of taking great pictures. Have a look at the Pentax site to see if there are any features on the K20D that you feel you really need.
If you have the opportunity go and try them both out as one may just feel 'more comfortable' than the other.
If you have the opportunity go and try them both out as one may just feel 'more comfortable' than the other.
Posted 02/01/2009 - 21:00
Link
Hi Gtis
I think it's all down to what your needs are - both are excellent cameras; in fact in a recent magazine article where pro's ditch their D3's and 5D MKIII's for budget kits I recall one having a K200 and being very pleased indeed with it - it's a very capable camera.
I've had my K100D for some time now (was my first foray into DSLR's) and it's been a fantastic camera to learn from - I'm now ready to up my game with a K20D; because I know I will take advantage of the more pro features.
So it's down to where you are coming from - do you want a great camera like the K200 to do a bit of learning from or will you take advantage of all that the K20 can offer
..If money is a bit of an issue (about £200 in it initially - after cashback this becomes a difference of £150 ish) then perhaps you should consider the K10D - just a tiny bit more than the K200D after it's cashback) - but more pro spec than the K200D.
Anyways - I hope this all made sense!!!
I think it's all down to what your needs are - both are excellent cameras; in fact in a recent magazine article where pro's ditch their D3's and 5D MKIII's for budget kits I recall one having a K200 and being very pleased indeed with it - it's a very capable camera.
I've had my K100D for some time now (was my first foray into DSLR's) and it's been a fantastic camera to learn from - I'm now ready to up my game with a K20D; because I know I will take advantage of the more pro features.
So it's down to where you are coming from - do you want a great camera like the K200 to do a bit of learning from or will you take advantage of all that the K20 can offer
..If money is a bit of an issue (about £200 in it initially - after cashback this becomes a difference of £150 ish) then perhaps you should consider the K10D - just a tiny bit more than the K200D after it's cashback) - but more pro spec than the K200D.
Anyways - I hope this all made sense!!!
Posted 02/01/2009 - 22:59
Link
hi neil
I have had a k100d super and a k200d both are top and produce top quality pics, but if you can afford it the k20d is the way to go in my eyes, simply because if you buy a k200d you will love it but like me you will be wishing you had opted for the k20d
the only things extra i can think the k20d has are live view and a 14 meg cmos sensor instead of a 10 meg ccd on k200d, and the k20d is suppose to have better iso control at higher iso than the k200d.
hope this helps.
I have had a k100d super and a k200d both are top and produce top quality pics, but if you can afford it the k20d is the way to go in my eyes, simply because if you buy a k200d you will love it but like me you will be wishing you had opted for the k20d
the only things extra i can think the k20d has are live view and a 14 meg cmos sensor instead of a 10 meg ccd on k200d, and the k20d is suppose to have better iso control at higher iso than the k200d.
hope this helps.
just keep snapping,
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/scottbenson
http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/scottthehat/
CAMERAS = k200d + battery grip.
nikon d300 + battery grip.
LENSES = tamron aspherical DII 18-200mm f3.5/6.3,
nikon 18-200mm afs vr f3.5/5.6 g dx
sigma 150-500mm apo dg hsm os
sigma 170-500mm apo dg
FLASH = samsung sef36pzf flash + more.
https://pentaxphotogallery.com/scottbenson
http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww272/scottthehat/
CAMERAS = k200d + battery grip.
nikon d300 + battery grip.
LENSES = tamron aspherical DII 18-200mm f3.5/6.3,
nikon 18-200mm afs vr f3.5/5.6 g dx
sigma 150-500mm apo dg hsm os
sigma 170-500mm apo dg
FLASH = samsung sef36pzf flash + more.
Posted 03/01/2009 - 00:17
Link
I think the main difference that sets the K20D above the K200D (in my eyes) is the second control wheel - once you've used it you'll wonder how you ever did without...
Joining the Q
Posted 03/01/2009 - 00:30
Link
Save up for a K20D, or get a used K20D, or get a K10D for a better viewfinder as well as an extra control wheel.
~Pete
Posted 05/01/2009 - 11:00
Link
Hi
Iam trying to get to grips with my first DSLR which is a K200D. If any other users out there can offer any advice on what settings are worth turning on/off etc I would be grateful as there is a lot to learn. What about Noise control setting?
Regards
Johna
Iam trying to get to grips with my first DSLR which is a K200D. If any other users out there can offer any advice on what settings are worth turning on/off etc I would be grateful as there is a lot to learn. What about Noise control setting?
Regards
Johna
There are three kinds of people in this world, those that can count and those that can't
Posted 05/01/2009 - 14:07
Link
Hi Johna,
here you can compare the difference of the noise controll levels very good link
I myself would leave it off since I procress all my photos on my computer and they are better removing the noise.
Basicly depending on the time you want to spend on postprocessing and how many of the photos you decide what's best for you.
For the rest of the settings, I just went through the manuall with the camera in my hands and simply tried everything what I thought I might fancy.
here you can compare the difference of the noise controll levels very good link
I myself would leave it off since I procress all my photos on my computer and they are better removing the noise.
Basicly depending on the time you want to spend on postprocessing and how many of the photos you decide what's best for you.
For the rest of the settings, I just went through the manuall with the camera in my hands and simply tried everything what I thought I might fancy.
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.



1283 posts
17 years
darfield sth yorks
is it worth getting the k200d
or better to save up and get the k20d
neil
pentax k3
DA* 300 f4 DA* 50-135 f 2.8 smc DA* 16-50 f2.8 50mm f1.7 pentax1.4xhd converter
Panasonic Dmc Fz200