K20 shots
Posted 22/04/2010 - 19:03
Link
What lens did you use??
https://www.flickr.com/photos/carlosimagery/
http://twitter.com/foxycce
http://foxycce.ontheroad.to/carlo-does-thailand-tour
Karma is Just Cause and Effect - Do Good, Good will Happen
http://twitter.com/foxycce
http://foxycce.ontheroad.to/carlo-does-thailand-tour
Karma is Just Cause and Effect - Do Good, Good will Happen
Posted 22/04/2010 - 20:01
Link
I used my sigma 50mm macro
Emma
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind
Bodies K20D, LTL 3, K1000d
Lenses Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, Tamron 70-300 macro
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind
Bodies K20D, LTL 3, K1000d
Lenses Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, Tamron 70-300 macro
Posted 22/04/2010 - 22:27
Link
1. Lovely sharp image with nice colour. Really need to crop out the top right corner, though.
2. Not sure if any of it is actually in focus. Maybe a small lighter area at the bottom left of the image?
3. I quite like this as an abstract. I'm sure it probably doesn't work in colour, though.
2. Not sure if any of it is actually in focus. Maybe a small lighter area at the bottom left of the image?
3. I quite like this as an abstract. I'm sure it probably doesn't work in colour, though.
Matt
GX20; DA 17-70 F4; 18-55 kit; Ricoh 50mm F2; Vivitar 75-205mm F3.8
GX20; DA 17-70 F4; 18-55 kit; Ricoh 50mm F2; Vivitar 75-205mm F3.8
Posted 23/04/2010 - 07:21
Link
The first one should be way sharper if my experience with the Sigma 50 macro is anything to go by. And I don't mean a little bit sharper.
The second one does seem to lack a focus.
What I have found using the 50 macro close up is that you have to stand very still as fractional movement back or forth throws the focus miles off. I would usually try and use a tripod for that reason. I have also taken to manually focussing the lens as well for closer shots especially hand held.
Of course if you shoot RAW and apply no PP or resize and don't resharpen you're not helping your images.
Mike
The second one does seem to lack a focus.
What I have found using the 50 macro close up is that you have to stand very still as fractional movement back or forth throws the focus miles off. I would usually try and use a tripod for that reason. I have also taken to manually focussing the lens as well for closer shots especially hand held.
Of course if you shoot RAW and apply no PP or resize and don't resharpen you're not helping your images.
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 23/04/2010 - 09:00
Link
I know what your saying Mike. I going to try again today. Anyway heres one I have applied PP
[IMG]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss344/ems82_photos/rosey1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss344/ems82_photos/rosey1.jpg[/IMG]
Emma
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind
Bodies K20D, LTL 3, K1000d
Lenses Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, Tamron 70-300 macro
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind
Bodies K20D, LTL 3, K1000d
Lenses Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, Tamron 70-300 macro
Posted 23/04/2010 - 22:44
Link
It's very hard to tell how sharp they look with such a delicate object and limited DOF.
Here's one I did recently.

And although it looks very sharp in PS at this size it doesn't look that sharp.
Mike
Here's one I did recently.

And although it looks very sharp in PS at this size it doesn't look that sharp.
Mike
---------------------------------------------------
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
You can see some of my shots at my Flickr account.
Posted 23/04/2010 - 23:04
Link
It may be my eyes but they do look a tad on the soft side, did you use a tripod Emma?
Macro work suffers tha same problems as telephoto work, close up magnification will exaggerate camera movement, also bear in mind that if your hand holding then the camera may move out of focus as you press the shutter, and with limited depth of field that is going to show.
Static subjects like this cry out for tripod work and manual focus, especially if you have total control and time isn't a deciding factor.
Composition on the second rose is great and yes the first one needs the suggested crop, sorry but dont like the last shot, it just looks a jumble, worth trying though
Macro work suffers tha same problems as telephoto work, close up magnification will exaggerate camera movement, also bear in mind that if your hand holding then the camera may move out of focus as you press the shutter, and with limited depth of field that is going to show.
Static subjects like this cry out for tripod work and manual focus, especially if you have total control and time isn't a deciding factor.
Composition on the second rose is great and yes the first one needs the suggested crop, sorry but dont like the last shot, it just looks a jumble, worth trying though
Posted 24/04/2010 - 20:28
Link
Yes I agree are a tad soft and yes I did use a tripod and remote shutter and manual focus. Think its time I went back to opticians
Emma
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind
Bodies K20D, LTL 3, K1000d
Lenses Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, Tamron 70-300 macro
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind
Bodies K20D, LTL 3, K1000d
Lenses Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, Tamron 70-300 macro
Add Comment
To leave a comment - Log in to Pentax User or create a new account.


652 posts
17 years
Barking,
Essex
[IMG]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss344/ems82_photos/IMGP6400.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss344/ems82_photos/IMGP6370.jpg[/IMG]
This one I was just playing with in PP whilst waiting for slow photobucket.
[IMG]http://i590.photobucket.com/albums/ss344/ems82_photos/bnw.jpg[/IMG]
"Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything." Aaron Siskind
Bodies K20D, LTL 3, K1000d
Lenses Pentax 50mm, Pentax 135mm, Tamron 70-300 macro