K-S2 18-50 kit lens

DonaldM

Link Posted 13/06/2015 - 07:29
With very attractive savings available on the K-S2 I would appreciate any feedback on the new collapsible 18-50 lens. Imaging Resource had issues when trying to extend the lens and reported the issue was not confined to the test lens.
Another site has spoken of the new lens being significantly sharper than the previous 18-55 WR versions and I am unsure whether to go for the 18-50 WR or one of the older WR versions. I don't fancy the 18-135 and would hope to get the 55-300 WR in the future.
Any feedback from users would be helpful, the K-S2 itself seems to be a fine piece of equipment, ideal for summer shooting in the UK
Last Edited by DonaldM on 13/06/2015 - 07:32

malcolmk

Link Posted 13/06/2015 - 09:59
I had use of a K-S2 and 18-50 lens for one day only and encountered no problems at all unlocking the lens, only the need to remember to do it!

I did not have access to the resultant images apart from the 10x Preview. Nothing obviously wrong there but not much of a test I would agree.

DonaldM

Link Posted 13/06/2015 - 10:23
Thanks for replying, it does seem odd that Imaging Resource is the only review I have read that makes reference to the issue.
One would think that if it is on the scale indicated that Pentax would be faced with a lot of returned lenses.
Anyone able to advise on image quality and edge sharpness wide open ?

johnriley

Link Posted 13/06/2015 - 17:47
I had one which I reviewed with the KS-2 for PU/EPZ and I used it during a wedding shoot. Absolutely fine, a good standard zoom and it stood up perfectly well against the other lenses I was using.
Best regards, John
Add a Comment
You must be registered or logged-in to comment.